1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Video Recording Time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jc1762, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jc1762

jc1762 Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Hi,

I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find an answer. I'm currently seriously contemplating buying a desire z however, I got a question regarding the recording time.

Does anyone know how many hours of video recording one can get from the desire z from a single charge?

I know it drains power, but does it do so fast?

The reason I ask is that I sometimes perform live and would love to get start recording with it if I have an impromptu gig.

JC

Advertisement

2. oj88

oj88 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    I did 45mins worth of recording the day I bought my phone. Sorry I didn't get how much power it used up. However, I'm pretty sure it was still way higher than 50% remaining.

But based on the above experience, the battery life would probably outlast your stamina in holding up the Desire Z without a tripod. :D In line with that, if your gig will be a regular thing, I'd suggest you get a proper videocam with a tripod.

Camphones are ok for short video caps under 5-10 mins. Beyond that, it gets less enjoyable.

jc1762 likes this.
  3. jc1762

jc1762 Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    I know it'd be better with the tripod and cam but of course the keyword being "impromptu".

But I got all the info I wanted, I'm gonna go ahead and buy one.

Thanks again!

Tags: