• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Recording Time

jc1762

Lurker
Feb 13, 2011
Hi,

I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find an answer. I'm currently seriously contemplating buying a desire z however, I got a question regarding the recording time.

Does anyone know how many hours of video recording one can get from the desire z from a single charge?

I know it drains power, but does it do so fast?

The reason I ask is that I sometimes perform live and would love to get start recording with it if I have an impromptu gig.

JC

I did 45mins worth of recording the day I bought my phone. Sorry I didn't get how much power it used up. However, I'm pretty sure it was still way higher than 50% remaining.

But based on the above experience, the battery life would probably outlast your stamina in holding up the Desire Z without a tripod. :D In line with that, if your gig will be a regular thing, I'd suggest you get a proper videocam with a tripod.

Camphones are ok for short video caps under 5-10 mins. Beyond that, it gets less enjoyable.

Reactions: jc1762
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones