1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video recording

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by illenicK, Apr 25, 2020.

1. illenicK

illenicK Well-Known Member

Hey guys is it possible to play a song while recording a video, similar to what you can do in the voice recorder app where you can sing over a song and record it I would like to be able to record video as well but have the song be playing. Is this possible? Thanks 😁

2. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Hi again illenick,
    2 things:
    1. (This is friendly information) I'm not sure if you realize, but for some reason, this forum can't handle emojis from our phones. You either have to use their emojis. (from the face on the bottom row above) I think that's why I keep seeing #128513 instead of the Smiley face. or
    2. You have to use "upload a file" at the bottom of these entries. And that is what I'm using to answer your original question. I'm uploading:
    a1bd762fd823208b4ef28c9daaa5ccb770626c8d5ea4466f0f608f8312fd54d2.0.png
    Please realize, this is all friendly. I'm not a moderator, this is just friendly help. So please, keep posting. That's what these forums are for. When you ask a question, I usually learn something too.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it is possible. Whenever I play something and then I record, whatever I play will stop. There might be an app where you can do this. But I can't do it on my note 10+

markdoc likes this.
  4. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I agree. I'm not positive, but I don't think Android has the ability to run multiple apps in the foreground. As you switch between apps, one is active and the other stays open but isn't active. But now that I think about it, the music apps do keep playing in the background while you use another app. And again, aren't there apps that you can make a video and add music to it after it's recorded. It's a multi-step practice. .

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

yes and yes. i think if it could happen the audio of the video recording needs to be turned off somehow in order for the video to record other music. now i'm not sure if there is an app like that or not. i have not come across one.

6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

You may be able to, by using a music player in the background.

But, the way to do this and ensure excellent sound quality is to use a video editor to put the music in after you make the video.

Not only will you have better quality, but more control.

And editing opens up a world of fun.

Allow me to recommend what I use...
    it is simple, free, and has no watermark.
    If you use it with the internet off there isn't any ads.
    I use a firewall, but turning off internet access while using the editor achieves the same result.

https://video-zip.en.uptodown.com/android

illenicK, markdoc and ocnbrze like this.
  7. ocnbrze

#7 ocnbrze, Apr 26, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    illenicK likes this.
  8. illenicK

illenicK Well-Known Member

Thank you guys I appreciate it :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. Medstar1

Medstar1 Member

One of the let us say quirks about the LG V40 is that when you utilize the cameras any music or other streaming will be cut off. I guess this is some kind of battery saving feature. Now I have a Google Pixel camera software apk ported to my device and its camera and video are exempt from this battery saving feature. So I recently filmed a video while streaming music which came out as a great soundtrack for the video. The audio was loud and nice and clear. So this is an option.

LG V40 ThinQ Forum

The LG V40 ThinQ release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews