1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video Saving With Filter

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tengannecrom, May 31, 2020.

1. tengannecrom

tengannecrom Lurker

I've been trying to record videos with this phone (recently bought) and whenever I save videos they have this awful grey filter on them. How do i rid myself of this? The video quality is gorgeous, but i cant stand the filter.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

have you messed around with the camera settings?

3. tengannecrom

tengannecrom Lurker

I have not. It's, apparently, only when I have HDR10+ turned on for the 4k 60fps video option. I'd like to shoot in that resolution though, so I'm unsure if there is any way to fix the issue.

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Looking at that posted photos, I wouldn't describe that a 'grey filter' but more of a lack of contrast. The dark parts aren't quite dark enough and the light parts not quite light enough. Keep in mind that's not necessarily a resolution issue, it's tied to color balance. Using lower resolution will result in a lack of sharpness (edges with a subtle blur) but the color and brightness are different aspects.

If you're using the default auto-detection in your Camera app, and if there's any option(s) in the Camera app Settings menu to set your own preferences and save that as your default, you might want to do some test shots while playing around with color balance/contrast settings until you find what you like. Don't rush this process as it's not that simple. Don't forget to view your adjusted photos in different places -- computers, other devices, etc. -- since your phone's display has its own color balance that will be different from other displays.

If you're using the default Camera app that came preinstalled with your phone and it doesn't have a lot of options for the user to manually adjust its settings you might want to try using a third-party camera app. I really like the Open Camera app, it's an Open Source project with good developmental support, no ads, and pertaining to this situation, has a very extensive settings menu that allows you to optimize the camera app to your particular needs.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera&hl=en_US

ocnbrze likes this.

LG V60 ThinQ 5G Forum

The LG V60 ThinQ 5G release date was /is Spring 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.8" inch screen, 64MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 865 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

/is Spring 2020
Release Date
Reviews