1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

video/thread distortion

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by ShinySide, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Ive seen threads with videos posted in them and the lay out become distorted from what its suppose to look like but havent seen it like this yet, Its looks like after the videos were posted it looks like every post after that is in the post that has the video. Took me a couple seconds to figure it out.

http://androidforums.com/lg-esteem/480999-video-lg-connect.html#post3788381

Advertisement

2. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN MSG ROB
    None

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah it's from when someone quotes a video. Need to edit the video out of the quote, as I just did.

This can be an exception to the Guide rule of not editing posts. In this case, it is okay to do.

Frisco, johnlgalt and ShinySide like this.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    The original post also had an incorrectly posted youtube video, which probably contributed to the problem.

The forum is set up so that if you just post a bare-bones youtube link, it will format it and embed it for you. However, many people try to format it themselves when posting, and that can screw up the entire page.

In this case it was [url=youtube link]youtube link[/url], which because the youtube url was included twice, meant the forum embedded the video twice. But I've also seen people try to add them in [​IMG]

AndyOpie150 and ShinySide like this.
  4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    I think that a part of that happens because enough of us have been in forums longer than youtube has been in existence, and we forget that there is bbcode now to handle youtube video posting in the first place....

The rest of the errors come from new users who are not aware that the tag even exists - for example, I use the quick reply box for 90% of my replies - and, well, it's just not here for me to see....