• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

swishtony

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
Hi, hopefully a very simple question, I have looked everywhere on the phone and cannot work this one out, I think maybe I'm being a bit useless as it seems a very simple problem?

I have copied 6 MP4's onto the phone and am using the default photo browser to play them. However.... I want to have a list of the titles of the movies, at the moment all I get is thumbnails of the opening screen of each movie. Not very helpful for whe I get my new SD card, I will have about 30 movies for my upcoming holiday and want to know what I'm watching!

Obviously in a file manager environment the names are viewable, just seems in the default video player does not want to show names?

Thanks for any help. Loving this forum, it is my first post as I'm a newbie to smart phones and have had loads of questions, most of which have been solved by posts on here, great stuff!

Thanks Pete, looks like nobody knows about this problem, really surprised they have designed the video player like that, how on earth are you going to tell what movie you are going to watch.... just guess by looking at the opening screen shot??

I've actually just downloaded DoubleTwist to get around the problem, seems pretty god piece of software :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones