1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Video To Cpu Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Inthemud14, May 17, 2011.

1. Inthemud14

Inthemud14 Lurker

Hey Guys/Gals, im new to the forum in need of some help. I got my htc inspire the day it came out, and i have 2 questions:

I dropped it on saturday, and the screen is now spider webbed but is still fully functional, what should i do? Radioshack said att will charge a $125 bucks to fix the glass, but i have a upgrade available and might just get a new phone entirely for less than that.

2: I need to get videos off of my Htc Inspire and onto my computer, i use htc sync and i can see the pics, but when i get to the videos, my computer cant play the files, is there a certain program i should be using or what?

p.s, this camera takes some Awesome shots!

~David

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

As far as I know att doesn't fix phones they give a refurbished one after the 30days for malfunctioning devices. That $125 is for the insurance deductable to get a new phone from att but this is only an option if you have the $5/month insurance from att. If you have an upgrade available that would probably be your cheaper option. (Read Radioshack or some store was getting a red inspire)

As for the videos I believe the inspire records in 3gp format so you might need to convert the video to play it on a pc.

3. Inspire4

Inspire4 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what media player you're using but you can either use something free like VLC player to play them or something else free like Handbrake to convert them to a format you can play them in.