1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support [Video] Touch Screen Unresponsive (possible App causing issue)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matlock, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Matlock

Matlock Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2010
    Co-Manager of SONIC Drive-In
    Texas!
    Has anyone had a problem with the the Evo 3D not responding on games with touch points?

Here is what I am experiencing.

All emulators I've tried, and nearly all touch-heavy games have had problems. During game-play, the touch points become unresponsive for a few moments and then start working again; or not at all. Multi-Touch points.. like when you are running on Meganoid and jump, instead of still running when he hits the ground like he is supposed to, he just stops. And I have to repress the directional points to get him going again. This is a very big problem with Emulators as well. Though I did not experience this when I was using the EVO 4G.

Has anyone had this happen? And if so, if there a solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK7fGIevC7g
    Sorry for the poor quality. Can't find my Tripod for the camera. Had to work with my Laptop's Webcam.

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    are you rooted?

3. Matlock

None

Jan 6, 2010
    Texas!
    Nope. Not Root as of yet.

marctronixx likes this.
  4. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
  5. Matlock

None

Jan 6, 2010
    Texas!
    Thanks for that first link. I like the built-in Function Test. It'll be helpful in the future.

Did the Line Drawing test. Lines were buttery smooth. Did it for about a minute in circles and squares.
    Sat the phone on a few surfaces and still smooth.

Did a MultiTouch Visualizer 2 Test and got up to three touch points at one time with no lag or odd behavior. But once I sit the Phone down on any surface, it isn't so pretty. It jerks and jumps all over the screen.
    Also without putting the phone down, I used it like a game with my thumbs and did two touch points in circles, and it was clean at first, but started jerking and eventually stopped all together.

Did another test with Multitouch Vis Test and it was fine at first, but after only using two touch points in circles, it started shuttering and jerking, eventually not showing any touch points at all.

Also not having any of the issues in the videos in the first link. Doesn't have a mind of it's one just yet. lol

marctronixx and PyroSporker like this.
  6. Matlock

None

Jan 6, 2010
    Texas!
    Did a Factory Reset to see if maybe that would help the issue. No luck. It's not bad enough to try and get a replacement, but it sure is aggravating when playing games that worked fin on the EVO 4G but not on the 3D.

marctronixx likes this.
  7. Matlock

None

Jan 6, 2010
    Texas!
    Went to Sprint yesterday and sat.. literally, I had their Lead Tech sit beside me. He acted like he didn't know what to do lol Showed him what i was experienceing, and let him play with my phone. Showed him the multi touch apps and how they would jerk and eventually stop working. Told him how I tested the Digitizer with the #*#*3424*#*# code. He questioned how i knew about it. Duh.. LOL

Anyway, we tried problem solving, and eventually concluded it was more than likely a software issue.

Before i went to Sprint, i told myself if I could not get the problem solved, I would go ahead and Root for CyanogenMod. Maybe that would help the issue.

I did a Factory Reset and started over, again. The first thing I did was download Meganoid, to see if, just maybe, this time it would work right..

.. and wouldn't ya know it.. I am having no issues at all with my touch points.

PyroSporker and marctronixx like this.
  8. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Thanks for the update, I like it when people follow through when it comes to threads like this. I'm curious if you reset the phone differently at the store? I know its easy to reset through the microSD and memory settings, but there is also a way through the service menus. I just wonder if the reset through the service menu, that requires your msl #, maybe does a better job of cleaning all areas of the memory and cache?

Maybe there is a bad application, or combination of applications, that is causing your previous multi touch issue.

Ps Your thread title is missing a letter e in the word reset.

Matlock likes this.
  9. Matlock

None

Jan 6, 2010
    Texas!
    Didn't do a Reset at the Sprint store.
    Never knew there was an option to do a reset with the MLS number. Might I ask how to perform this? I'd like to test this to see if it does do a better job or not next time I Reset. Not to mention I need to force my MLS number out of them so i can do other stuff. Or root and get it myself.

Yup, i like to make sure I follow up with the Threads in involved in. Though I need to get more involved like I was on the EVO 4G section.

If i do get the problem again, I assume it'll be a problem with a combination of applications and/or OS. Then ill start uninstalling apps to see where the problem may have originated.

Thanks! I was wondering why Reset looked odd when I clicked on it a few moments ago. ROFL

**UPDATE**

Reset did not solve the problem come to find out. After installing all of my apps back, it started up again. So, I began troubleshooting the problem.

Uninstalling each application one by one, testing, then reset. And doing it again.

The problem was one of my favorite apps.... Juice Defender. One of its settings was causing the problem. I am now checking to see which of the settings was causing it.

Will be back with the update.

falconey and marctronixx like this.
  10. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    I was having this problem with Super Stickman. Once installed, touch screen would not respond to anything. I even hit it a few times like it was an old analog TV hoping for it to be fixed, no dice.

marctronixx likes this.
Tags: