1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Video won't play & gone now from phone. Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sharkhark, Jul 24, 2011.

1. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Franchise Owner
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Hi, searched and did not see a similar thread so here goes.
    Was golfing yesterday and took some amazing footage of 5 foxes coming onto the green and running around me playing.
    Due to kies being so hard on a reg basis to connect to, i used windows in mass storage to transfer some of the pics and videos on my captivate to my computer.
    I checked off the box to delete from my phone once transferred.
    the problem?
    3 videos i took including the golfing/fox one dont show a nice picture with video frame around them in my folders. They show a generic mp4 image and when i click they won't open. Get a error msg with:
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

so now i no longer have the video i want on my phone and i cannot play it on my computer.

What do i do? Would greatly appreciate help. by the way, have transferred in past with no problems, but usually use kies...that is..when i can get it to work.....sigh.............:(

Advertisement

2. sharkhark

None

Aug 18, 2010
    Franchise Owner
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    nobody? no suggestions? if i had not checked delete files after transfer i wouldnt be so concerned. but its not on my captivate anymore, i downloaded two freeware programs trying to find the mp4 files on my devise by plugging it in as USb and i dont believe i found it, although i am not the most techie minded and allot of what the programs found is gibberish to me.

i am afraid to use my phone for fear it will overwrite the deleted file. i dont have a SD card in it so i am searching the built in memory i guess. any help?

3. sharkhark

None

Aug 18, 2010
    Franchise Owner
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    bump. please help.