• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Videogame Recommendation App - Tools to use

Hello all,

For my final year project at university (Bsc Computer Science) I have decided to create a Videogame Recommendation App on Android.

I intend to utilise machine learning to look at a dataset (e.g. Steam games and the average user rating) to determine the best games for the user, based on their previous 'likes'.

Machine Learning is all new to me so I've spent some time watching Python tutorials on how to set up and train a ML model. However my biggest concern is how to choose the right tools that will work with Java, and more importantly Android Studio (the IDE I have decided to use).

I've done some very minor research on frameworks such as Mahout, ML Kit and TensorFlow Lite however I'm very unsure about which to choose and moreover how to integrate within the core part of the app. I'm guessing that I won't be able to call a python script using Java so am very unsure.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones