• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Videos constantly pausing when connected in-car.

guycarnegie

Lurker
Nov 24, 2018
My new S8+ is not playing downloaded movies & saved videos when connected to in-car audio over Bluetooth.

Movies play normally as long as my car radio is off, but as soon as Bluetooth 'connects' to my phone, when I switch on the radio, any movie playback is paused, and can't be unpaused.

I have used different playback apps such as VLC and the built in movie player. All do the same.

Audio from Spotify etc works fine over Bluetooth. It's just video that has the problem.

I want to allow my daughter to watch movies on my phone while I'm driving, using the in-car audio. I need to have Bluetooth hooked up to answer hands free calls.

For clarity:
Audio only connections such as Spotify and Phone are working no problem over Bluetooth.
Anything with video playback doesn't work, while the audio part of the playback is connected over BT.

Any help is very much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones