1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Videos not playing via YouTube smart tv app.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by QuirkyHitman, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:50 AM.

1. QuirkyHitman

QuirkyHitman Lurker

Hi guys,
    Firstly I must emphasise that I’m a techno-idiot! I know 3yr olds with better technological skills. Hence this help post. So apologies in advance!

I have a android TV box (Droix X3) and I’ve always been using the pre-installed YouTube app with no issues. Unfortunately today the app just stopped working, and would not load at all. I deleted the app then reinstalled YouTube via Google play store. The app layout was nothing like the original app I used. So I did a bit of digging and found ‘Smart YouTube tv’ app and downloaded it through Troypoint. The app installed successfully and appeared to be the same as the original installed. I linked my Google account to it and everything seemed fine. All my history and subscriptions etc were showing up and also the thumbnails (think that’s the right terminology) to all the recommended videos etc. But when I click on a video they will not play. It just pops up as ‘Something went wrong’ message, and ‘Submit report message’. I’ve had a look through the setting on the app and tv box but just can’t get my grey matter around it. It may (hopefully) be something simple but as I said, I’m a bit of a techno-plonker so I’m hoping somebody maybe able to help out and happily have a laugh at my expense!

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. QuirkyHitman

QuirkyHitman Lurker

And just to add to that, I’ve downloaded the Bitchute app and the same is happening on here. My account shows etc but the videos refuse to play.
    Thanks again

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

‘Smart YouTube tv’?? Is that some third-party YouTube client? It could be YouTube(Google) locked it out from streaming their YT videos?

Dannydet likes this.
  4. QuirkyHitman

QuirkyHitman Lurker

I suspect it’s a legit app for YouTube, although 3rd party, as it was pre installed in the android box I have. And they’re a legit company who supply them, it wasn’t a cheap Chinese box off e-bay etc. It seems it’s just a version that’s more compatible with TV use. But also my bitchute app isn’t playing the videos. So I can only guess it’s something to do with a video setting on the android box that needs altering. But that’s about the limit of my technical guess work unfortunately!
    Cheers for the response Mikedt

5. QuirkyHitman

QuirkyHitman Lurker

For anyone reading this the issue has been solved. The app Smart YouTube tv has been updated/replaced by Smart YouTube next.
    The layout isn’t as good as the previous but it works!
    Cheers guys

Dannydet and mikedt like this.
  6. Kunalsb11

Kunalsb11 Lurker

reinstall youtube app on the television. reset network settings of the tv. use lan cable instead of wifi.

YouTube

YouTube Forum

com.google.android.youtube

Get the official YouTube app for Android phones and tablets. See what the world is watching -- from the hottest music videos to what’s trending in gaming, entertainment, news, and more. Subscribe to channels you love, share with friends, and watch on any device. With a new design, you can have fun exploring videos you love more easily and quickly than before. Just tap an icon or swipe to switch between recommended videos, your subscriptions, or your account. You can also subscribe to your favorite channels, create playlists, edit and upload videos, express yourself with comments or shares, cast a video to your TV, and more – all from inside the app. FIND VIDEOS YOU LOVE FAST • Browse personal recommendations on the Home tab • See the latest from your favorite channels on the Subscriptions tab • Look up videos you’ve watched and liked on the Account tab CONNECT AND SHARE • Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, and shares • Upload and edit your own videos with filters and music – all inside the app

READ MORE
March 20, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs