1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Videos not showing in Gallery after IOS transfer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daviserfin, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Daviserfin

Daviserfin Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2017
    Hi every one out there Android land... here's a question I need some help with.
    Lovin' my new Note 8 and the wired USB transfer of all my apps, photos etc away from iPhone 6 was great until.... I found that I cannot see the videos that were supposedly transferred in the Note 8 gallery. All the photos came across but not the videos even thought I had also checked the box to transfer the videos. And some of the videos are viewable in Photos. But I would like them all to be in Gallery.
    Anyone got some advice coz YOU iz the bizniss if you can solve this one...

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    Do you have an Sd card on your note 8?
    If so , did you move them to the SD card or internal?

Install a 3rd party app (google photos?) and test to see if you can see them.

The note 8 has a file manager app. Go in there and look for the photos. If they are indeed on the phone you will see them there.

3. Daviserfin

Daviserfin Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks - I do have an SD card and the videos are indeed in that, listed under an 'iphone' file. I guess they went there are the internal storage was full. I can view them in google photo, but not in the Galaxy's own 'Gallery' app, and that's the frustration. Any ideeaaz?

marctronixx likes this.
  4. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    Did you give the Samsung app permission to read/write to the card?

5. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Using the 'My Files' file manager app (buried in your Note's App menu) take a look at those video files that are showing up in Google Photos but not Gallery. Depending on the file type they were recorded in perhaps it's just a matter where the Gallery app can't detect/play them. Gallery is just the basic, default photo manager app so it wouldn't be surprising if there are some video file formats it cannot play.

marctronixx likes this.
  6. Daviserfin

Daviserfin Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks Marctronixx - I don't know for sure the answer to this question (did I tick a box?) but assume that because the videos are indeed stored on the card, permission must have been granted.

Hi SVIM 1649342
    All the videos were shot with the iPhone 6, so I believe they are file extension .mov

#6 Daviserfin, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  7. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    I've been having sot of the same issue, same symptoms..I can find the videos on the file manager but not in gallery..they don't even exist..according to my gallery..

8. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    If all those videos, both what are and aren't visible by the Gallery app, are the same file type (and just as important, recorded using the same video and audio settings) than there's most likely an issue with the microSD card itself. There has to be practical reason why some of those files are detectable by the Gallery app and some are not. Either those files have some internal differences (every video file internally has a video component and an audio component, interdependent on the actual file type type), or the 'missing' files weren't copied over correctly, or there's an issue with the media (the microSD card) itself.
    If you take that card and put it into a computer/laptop, try to view those particular 'missing' videos. If they're viewable there at least that reduces the chance those files are corrupted or bad, and the media itself is OK. If you still have that iPhone, you might want to just upload those videos up into your online Google Photos account:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

9. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    In the app settings, you can choose to give an app permission to do many things. Not all the time will an app automatically give itself permission to access the SD card because that is something not native to the device.

At any rate, these transfer apps always cause hiccups. I’d recommend you just connect the phone up to the computer (PC if you have one) then open up the SD card form the PC and see where the files are. You will also see the internal storage and if there are some files on internal, you can cut and past them to the SD card. Save yourself the headache of wasting time trying to scour the internet for tricks.

mikedt likes this.
  10. Daviserfin

Daviserfin Lurker
    None

Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks svim and marctronixx for helpful input ! I am gonna try these ideaz out.

marctronixx likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!