1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Videos recorded on Note 3 wont play on PC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tottin7856, Dec 25, 2013.

1. tottin7856

tottin7856 Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2013
    Does anyone know a player for PC that will play Note 3 recorded videos? The format shows mp4. I have always been able to play other mp4's but the ones from my phone wont play. I have tried realplayer, winamp, media player classic, divx player, windows media player and out of frustration downloaded VLC player which still doesn't work. Some play the video without audio, some the audio with frozen video, some just freeze and I have to do a hard reboot, and one won't work at all. Could it be because I am trying on a Dell with Windows XP? Do I have to go through the kies program? Any ideas guys?

Advertisement

2. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    maybe you recorded in 4k video mode and your graphics card can't handle that high of a resolution.

3. tottin7856

tottin7856 Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2013
    Okay, I was using CameraFX and I couldn't find any resolution settings. So I checked the Camera app provided by Samsung and it shows that it was taking video in 1920 x 1080 and photos are 4128x2322 - yikes! In CameraFX photos are 4128 x 3096 (4:3) mode. I see now that for video, CameraFX uses the stock camera. My settings are too high for my old equipment. Guess it's time for a new computer with higher end graphics. Thanks for helping me with this.

4. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    High resolution pictures should work fine on most computers. You would just see the picture zoomed in when you open it.

But for video, that takes processing power from your video card to play. If you recorded in 4k mode you will need a good video card to play it. I have a nvidia 465 and tried some 4k videos on youtube and the video just crawls along and freezes my system.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.