1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Videp and MP4 Folers/Video pod casts

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mike67, Dec 3, 2010.

1. mike67

mike67 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Hello everyone

I'm new to Android and just picked up the G Tablet and loving it so far.
    I do have one problem with playing Mp4 videos. I'm using DoggCatcher for my Video Pod casts and I have a couple of Movies on the SD card.

Here is my problem. When I try and view my Movies that are on the SD card by hitting the Video icon its picking up the Video Pod cast also and that makes things a mess. Is there a way around this? Or is there a Media player the is better then the one that comes with Abdroid that I can tell it what folder to look in for Videos? One of my other problems is finding a DVD to MP4 video converter that work well with the G Tablet>

Any help you can offfer woth be great.

Thanks
    Mike

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    you can use Astro file manager to just look in whatever folder you want. You can also put a file called .NoMedia into each folder you dont want to show up in the stock music/video app.

3. mike67

mike67 New Member

Dec 3, 2010

Tried that one (but thank you) and the problem is doggCatcher rebuilds its folder with out the >folder so thats where my problems comes in>

4. mike67

mike67 New Member

Dec 3, 2010

OK just noticed something all the folders that Boggcatcher created for the video files have .Nomedia in the show it should have worked from what I understand not the Video icon is still picking them up. Any idea why ? running Android 2.2