• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help View a transferred file on Android

A

Android Question

I have an Android Lenovo tablet. I connected the tablet by USB cable to my MacBook, and then using Android File Transfer, I can see the tablet’s folders. The file I want to transfer from the MacBook is a ePub file (mobi extension) which I want to view in the Kindle app, which is on the tablet. I can see how to transfer the file from the MacBook to the tablet, but I can’t figure out what folder to put the file into, and from there, how to get it onto the Kindle app. (I hope I have explained my problem clearly.) Any ideas will be much appreciated

I figured it out! I regret (for others who may have the same question) I am not exactly sure what I did that worked. I kept dragging the ePub file from the MacBook into the tablet Kindle folder (displayed on the MacBook by Android File Transfer app), and it finally settled there, and opened with the Kindle app on the tablet. I think my problem was dragging the file with its mobi extension. That wouldn't take. But the same file with a epub extension did take. Anyway, thank you for this forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones