• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help View By Missed Calls Only

When I go to my "Logs", I use "View by" and select "Missed calls". When I go back to my "Logs" later in the day, it always shows "All logs" - missed calls, dialed calls, received calls, sent messages, etc.

What is the deal with this?

I'm going to say its Froyos fault :p
As I'm running SRF 1.1.0 and I can not recreate your problem?
When I select veiw by and exit out I go back into it and its still what I selected.

you rooted?

Upvote 0
Left my phone alone for 10 minutes and it still pulls up only missed calls when it was originally selected.
How long is it between you opening it back up again?

Edit: you should root ;)

If someone sends me a text message, it will be the Log immediately.

I rooted my Huawei Ascend because the bloatware took up too much internal phone storage and made the phone lag. I flashed CM7 onto my Ascend but my phone's reception was terrible after that. Using the internet and other things ran much smoother but all my calls would be forwarded to voicemail. Someone told me to update my radio and see if that worked but I had already lost patience by then and bought the Epic.

There is plenty storage space available on my Epic so it doesn't lag. I really don't know if the rooting or flashing was the cause of the phone's poor reception so I am too nervous to root right now.

Upvote 0
If someone sends me a text message, it will be the Log immediately.

I rooted my Huawei Ascend because the bloatware took up too much internal phone storage and made the phone lag. I flashed CM7 onto my Ascend but my phone's reception was terrible after that. Using the internet and other things ran much smoother but all my calls would be forwarded to voicemail. Someone told me to update my radio and see if that worked but I had already lost patience by then and bought the Epic.

There is plenty storage space available on my Epic so it doesn't lag. I really don't know if the rooting or flashing was the cause of the phone's poor reception so I am too nervous to root right now.

yea the call log is a froyo thing definately. I rooted and flashed SRF and havent looked back. I have had zero problems with it, reception is as good as its been, and the phone is way quicker. There is definately a noticeable difference. I flashed back to stock just to see and I couldnt stand it lol. Not to mention you get access to all the root apps :) and awesome themes people spend there free time making :)
But it is your phone and you are the one that has to be happy with it :p

Was CM7 a finished build? Or was it an alpha or beta? Those always have problems :p

The videos in my sig make it a snap to root and unroot if you dont like it. Only way to know for sure is to take that leap of faith :p

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0
The call log is most definitely a Froyo/2.2 thing. It was not like this on 2.1. And there is no way to make it stay that way. Every time you go to your call log, you will see every call, text, etc, until you change the view.

Anyone also notice that some missed calls don't show up in missed calls? They show up in Received calls?

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0
Click on the green Call butoon.
At the top you will see 4 tabs.
Dialer, Recent, Contacts and Favorites.
Just below the 4 tabs is a horizontal bar that should say All Calls on the left. But on the right you will see a downward arrow.
Press and drag the arrow downward and a window will pop open.
In that window will be 4 choices to pick.
All calls, Missed calls, Recieved calls and Outgoing calls.

This should work on all Android phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones