1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Viewing Archived Outlook Email on i1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by needsaboat, Sep 1, 2010.

1. needsaboat

needsaboat New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    My company just bought me an i1 and I can't figure out how to view Outlook emails that have already been archived on my computer. I put the "archive.pst" file on my SD but I can't open it. Anyone have any input or experience they can share? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. needsaboat

needsaboat New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Nothing? I would think there would be a demand for this...

3. Misbehavin'

Misbehavin' Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I'm not aware of any app for the i1 that will open a .pst. You certainly won't be able to sync it wirelessly either.

If the items are something you need fairly often, why not leave them in Outlook/Exchange?

4. needsaboat

needsaboat New Member

Sep 1, 2010

The problem with that is, our server won't allow enough space without archiving every week or two.

5. Misbehavin'

Misbehavin' Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Unfotunately the best solution for you would be to seek additional storage for your mailbox. If it's a server storage issue, maybe you, or someone else, could make the case for an upgrade. Moving the Exchange databases/logs (I'm assuming Exchange) to larger drives is a simple task with minimal downtime. Server storage is realitively cheap as well, although fault tolerance should be considered when upgrading storage.

Obviously I don't know if that's possible as I'm not familar with your situation. However, opening a .pst on your device isn't going to be something that's feasilble.

One other suggestion, and bear in mind this may violate your corporate policies, would be to setup a mailbox rule to forward a copy of your mail to Gmail (or another account). This would be a workaround, and provide you a larger mailbox if your corporate one is very small. Bear in mind that you may be subject to disiplinary action if it's a violation of your corporate policy though.

6. needsaboat

needsaboat New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Misbehavin', thanks for all the suggestions. I don't want to make a huge deal about this with my company as it really isn't that critical, but would be a great convenience at times. I may look into the gmail rule.

Tags: