• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viewing Encrypted Files/Polaris Viewer

I've had my Galaxy S3 for several months now through T-Mobile. I have a DropBox account which I have downloaded on my computer and on my phone so I can access files on either device (like a cloud). I created a word document on my computer and then made it encrypted with a password. I placed this file in my dropbox on my computer so I could access it on my phone. It used to work fine, and now all of the sudden it won't open the file.

I used to be able to open dropbox on my phone, click on the document and then it would open in Polaris Viewer and prompt me for the password. I'd type it in and everything was fine-working like it was supposed to.

I tried to open the document earlier in the week and when I clicked on the document I got a message that stated "This document cannot be opened." I've been playing with the setting on my computer for the last hour or so trying to figure it out and can't.:mad: I even saved the document as a word 97-2003 document. This would allow me to open and get to the password prompt screen, but when I type in the password (the same one that works on the computer) it now tells me that the password is incorrect.

I use this file often and I don't know why all of the sudden it's not letting me either open the file, or it's telling me the password is incorrect. I tried the same thing on my boyfriends galaxy s3 and it's the same situation. I even tried using SkyDrive and no luck. I don't know if it's a setting issue, update issue, or if Polaris Viewer can no longer support encrypted files....if this is the case, can someone point me in the direction of being able to open an encrypted file on my phone? Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones