• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viewing more than one calendar

kerryburn

Apr 9, 2010
Guys

I have two Google premier apps accounts, one business and one personal My question is simple, can I view the two calendars on my HTC desire?

I notice when configuring the phone, that the second account I add has no option to sync the calendar?? I wanted to check with you, the experts, if there was a way of making it see business and personal? As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, it seems like a huge oversight....

Regards

Kerry

And no sooner as i asked than i have solved it.

If you have access to both accounts do the following :

1. In the calendar you want to share sign into that calendar.
2. In the settings screen select the calendar you want to share
3. Select "share this calendar"
4. Input your main Desire googlemail account address (the one that syncs with your Desire) into the "enter email address" and give it full access.
5. Done.

you will then get an email from Google and the calendar will automatically show up in your calendar.
I can now view/edit/add the same 2 calendars on my Mac, PC, Desire and Joggler.

Reactions: craigp
Upvote 0
(doh just beaten to the answer but anyway here is my reply)

Not sure if this is what you want, but I've got my HTC desire calendar set up to display about 5 different calendars at the same time.

It wasn't something special I set up - my personal google calendar already has viewing rights for the other calendars - I've added the other calendars via the google calendar site, some of them aren't even mine. They come up in different colours on Google Calendar, but also the HTC Calendar widget.

When I go to add a new event, I can select which calendar I want to add the event to.

Upvote 0
My situation is a bit different to that. i needed to add a separate calendar which belonged to a separate googlemail account.

if i add calendars to my main account they all show up , but i needed something different to that.

Hmmm not really understanding the difference ... let me see if I can illustrate my situation better ... I have a personal gmail account, and a *completely* separate work gmail account. I can share the calendar from the work account so that I can see it overlayed on my personal account. it then shows up on my HTC Desire which is connected to my personal gmail account.

I could add a friend's shared calendar to my personal calendar and it would also appear on my HTC Desire.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones