• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help viewing picture send via MMS - why is it a "slideshow"??

lgbalfa

Aug 15, 2010
new york, ny
sometimes when i receive a MMS message, it comes in as a "slideshow" in which i need to hit "play" to watch it for a duration of 20 seconds and the picture is always in the middle around 10 seconds.

is this a setting that i need to disable?

the picture should just show up instead of me watching it on the "slideshow" which is just a waste of time.

please let me know if you have experienced this as well and how you corrected it.

thanks

It's an annoying feature of the stock messaging app. You can tap the slideshow to expose controls, press the forward button to quickly skip through, or - better yet - switch to another messaging app that doesn't do this for messages with media.

There is no setting to turn this off. Except, of course, settings / more... / default SMS app.

Upvote 0
It's an annoying feature of the stock messaging app. You can tap the slideshow to expose controls, press the forward button to quickly skip through, or - better yet - switch to another messaging app that doesn't do this for messages with media.

There is no setting to turn this off. Except, of course, settings / more... / default SMS app.

thank you for the reply back.

looks like i might be switching to another app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones