1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

viewing picture send via MMS - why is it a "slideshow"??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lgbalfa, Apr 6, 2015.

1. lgbalfa

lgbalfa Well-Known Member

sometimes when i receive a MMS message, it comes in as a "slideshow" in which i need to hit "play" to watch it for a duration of 20 seconds and the picture is always in the middle around 10 seconds.

is this a setting that i need to disable?

the picture should just show up instead of me watching it on the "slideshow" which is just a waste of time.

please let me know if you have experienced this as well and how you corrected it.

thanks

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

It's an annoying feature of the stock messaging app. You can tap the slideshow to expose controls, press the forward button to quickly skip through, or - better yet - switch to another messaging app that doesn't do this for messages with media.

There is no setting to turn this off. Except, of course, settings / more... / default SMS app.

3. lgbalfa

thank you for the reply back.

looks like i might be switching to another app.

4. Ah! This has happened to me before too. I didn't realize it was a problem with the stock messaging app.

It seems to only happen to me when I get the MMS from a contact with an iPhone. Have you guys found the same thing? Or is it with other phones too?

5. lgbalfa

the consensus is that this only happens when it is coming from an iphone recipient.

AvaMichele likes this.
  6. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

The kid got it from Android to Android when he was using stock messaging. He switched to another app, problem solved. Not sure what he's using now, Google messenger I think. I haven't used stock in forever so never had that issue.

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I haven't seen a sideshow since I moved to a different app on my Droid Maxx over a year ago. Almost everybody I know has an iPhone, so all of my MMS come from iPhone users anyway.

AvaMichele and EarlyMon like this.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews