1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Viewing pictures in Gallery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turbomentor, Dec 17, 2011.

1. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    Navy Pilot
    Pace FL
    My week old Rezound and I are getting to know one another. So far I am really liking it, a great step up from my old DINC (which I sold today on CL!!)

Having a minor issue here with viewing pictures using Gallery...hoping someone might have an answer. On my DINC, with pictures loaded to the internal memory, I had many folders of pictures (races, holidays etc) to help me keep the 1000+ pics that I had on my phone straight. When I opened Gallery on my DINC, each folder showed up as it's own album (so to speak). So I have the same file structure set up on my Rezound and yet it's only showing the following albums: Camera shots, All photos, All videos, All downloads and download (?). In any case, trying to figure out how to either create new albums and move the pics to the respective albums or just have Gallery recognize each folder as an album (rather than having to scroll through all 1000+ pics to find the one I'm looking for...)

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I placed my different picture folders in the extended SD card area. They show up just like they did on the Dinc.

3. randpost

randpost Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Retired
    Phoenix
    You can do that or you can just download a picture management app like JustPictures! from the market. I started using justpictures! because of the how many phones I go through by different manufacturers. I just wanted something I could take with me from phone to phone.

4. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    A very nice gallery is 'QuickPic',
    far better than the stock gallery on my HTC Sensation :)

Harry

olbriar likes this.
  5. randpost

randpost Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Retired
    Phoenix
    QuickPic is definitely excellent. I would say the best for what it does. I only wish it had cloud integration like Picasa and Photobucket management. If you don't need cloud photos inside your gallery app, then QuickPic is the best option out there hands down.

6. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I use quickpic too. I love it. I was accustomed to letting my pics get into a real mess before I broke down and foldered my pics. Now.. when I look at the new pics I just toss and organize as I go.

7. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    Navy Pilot
    Pace FL
    Would you mind giving me the exact path you placed them in?

I just did a test...tried to put a folder of pictures into the /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd folder and they showed up under "Camera Pictures" in Gallery. Also tried to put them in the root of my SD card...same result.

Yes, I know I can use Quick Pic and it looks like a nice cool app and I may use it. However if I do (once rooted) I'll either want to get rid of Gallery or continue to use it. So trying to remember where to put my pictures folders...

Thanks again.

8. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    My picture folders are just in the ext_sd folder. The folders are named family, work, friends, etc.. just to organize. (example path) root/mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/family. I also created a dcim folder and have my camera placing new photos into it. I also have all my music in the ext_sd folder in a folder called music. I believe the ext_sd is what you were accustomed to seeing as your sd card with you Dinc. I hope this helps.

You will like quickpic. It allows you to tag or mass tag pictures to move from one folder to another. It's darn handy once you establish your folders structure. You can tag and share and you can also create folders.

9. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Those of you using Quickpic, is there a way to make it your default gallary so when I'm in camera and click the "gallary" icon it opens this app instead of the stock one?

10. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Would be a nice feature :)
    But haven't found a way to do this.

Harry

11. DemDog

DemDog Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Agreed on the QuickPic. Much, much better than the Gallery on my DINC. Would not be without it so I can show off pix of my grand daughter.

Tags: