1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Viewing RAW Pictures on Note 8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JFitness, Sep 27, 2017.

1. JFitness

JFitness Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    Morning All,

Got my Note 8 last Wednesday. My last Android powered phone was the HTC Desire HD. Since then I've had iPhones so I'm still re-educating myself.

Has anyone noticed any weird behavior when vewing RAW images?

- Pictures were originally taken on a Nikon D5300 (uses NEF extension for RAW images)
    - Pictures were then copied to my Note8 from my laptop via USB
    - I#m using the Samsung Gallery App to view then on the phone
    - Images are on a SanDisk Ultra memory card (same problem if they are stored on the phone though)

If I view one of the RAW images and zoom in they are not pin sharp and a bit distorted/out of focus.

If I click the filter icon (the one with the 3 overlapping rings) I can see the image become sharper. If I then apply one of the default filers from within the gallery app and save the image it remains pin sharp and completely in focus.

Anyone else noticed this?

Advertisement

2. eirianbryn

eirianbryn Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2012
    Female
    Massachusetts
    Yes I noticed this too. I thought it was just the way it saved the photo to save space? I'm not sure.

Even when posting the photos online tho, it seems they aren't as crystal clear as I had thought they'd be. Maybe I'm missing a setting?

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!