• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viewing Stand Alone HTML on Galaxy S3

DRP37

Lurker
Jul 7, 2012
I have some course lessons that require that I download them and run the html off of my hard drive. All the required files and media for the lesson is delivered in a zip file. Once extracted, I select the file start.html and a new Chrome Browser tab opens up. Away I go. What I am trying to do is access those lessons on my Galaxy S3. I've downloaded and extracted the files onto the micro SD. When I select the start.html file, I get an error that says my browser need the java script enables in order to run this file. I was using the native browser, but since installed Chrome onto the phone and verified that java was enabled. I still get the same error. Anyone have suggestions/solutions?

Thanks!

Using ES File Explorer on my HTC phone, if I select a html file with a long I can choose a (stock) HTML viewer or with a long press by More/Open As/Other my stock browser as 'Internet'.

If you don't have ES installed you might try to execute this line on your browser's URL address field:
file:/// <your path> start.htm

Note, make sure that you execute the line not as search (with the earth icon in front of, not with magnifying glass icon)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones