• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viewing video saved on phone on TV screen.

Nope no video out on the slide...sorry! I know it sucks but to be truthful it's not a high end phone so we shouldn't expect everything other devices do.
behold_this: I don't think they are asking for a video out...

If the videos are saved on the sd card, then anything that can access the sd card by usb should be able to view things saved on it.

Upvote 0
Wrong. The OP clearly stated 3.5mm jack.

Ha, okay I don't want to argue about this but they said they frequently use the 3.5mm jack to listen to audio. Their question was:

Is there a way to also view saved videos on my LED TV?

Not: "Is there a way to also view saved videos on my LED TV through the 3.5mm jack?"

So, I'd say the best way to answer the question is: Yes, there is a way to watch the videos on a TV (as described in previous posts), but it is not video out like the 3.5mm jack is audio out.

Upvote 0
Your way only works if the tv you connect to will play the file type of the video (i.e. Mpeg or 3gpp or other supported types) which many tv's don't support! You are wrong to say this is THE way to do it cause it's not what "video out" is. Video out plays through the phones media player so no matter what if you can view the vid on the phone you can view it on the tv! Your way if the tv doesn't play mpeg vids you are screwed! Don't act like a know it all unless you know it all...it makes lose credibility.

Upvote 0
Im confused, Thought you said it didn't work? It shouldn't work as the software does not support video out. In your first post you said you tried it with no luck. Are you just posting this to show what won't work?

To anyone that doubts this that's cool just check the htc support forums and you'll see I'm right there is no video out on the slide.

Upvote 0
Im confused, Thought you said it didn't work? It shouldn't work as the software does not support video out. In your first post you said you tried it with no luck. Are you just posting this to show what won't work?

To anyone that doubts this that's cool just check the htc support forums and you'll see I'm right there is no video out on the slide.

Edit. Nevermind it don't work.

Upvote 0
I thought the original post asked if there was a way to view saved video on his led tv. I never thought he asked for a video out ..... but let me add another way that works for me...if you have an xbox 360 and Windows media set up .. you can view it that way if you phone is connected to your computer (disk drive) ..

Or a PS3 as well. Even the Wii will work since it has an SD card slot.

Upvote 0
Your way only works if the tv you connect to will play the file type of the video (i.e. Mpeg or 3gpp or other supported types) which many tv's don't support! ... Video out plays through the phones media player so no matter what if you can view the vid on the phone you can view it on the tv! Your way if the tv doesn't play mpeg vids you are screwed!

Yes, the way I explained only works if your TV supports the file types of the videos saved on your phone. And, I wasn't saying that this is the only way you can watch videos from your phone on your TV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones