1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Viewing websites?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wigfield, Aug 7, 2013.

1. wigfield

wigfield Android Enthusiast

This is all new to me looking at websites so i guess ive just got to get use to it,But everything seems so small i have to keep zooming in,Any tips on viewing websites would be handy? Also which way do you hold the phone to view websites Portrait Or landscape.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

Desktop websites are not tailored for such small screens. You're ALWAYS gonna have to zoom on full desktop websites.

However, many SITES will have smartphone apps which would be more beneficial to you and many of the ones that don't have mobile websites (which the browser will default to if there's one available). On the unfortunate situation there is neither an app nor a mobile version of the website you'll just have to get used to scrolling.

The portrait/landscape thing is entirely personal preference and won't help with view really.

A helpful hint is to double-tap on text paragraphs to smart-zoom in so the text is at perfectly readable zoom distance. Double-tap again to smart-zoom out.

3. wigfield

Didn't think i was going to get a reply cheers:)

Didn't know there was apps for some sites and how cool when i read this i phone this site has a app.

Cheers for the viewing double tap tip ill just have to get use to it sure it wont take to long.:)

4. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

Smartphones are app driven. You'd normally be expected to use apps more often than you visit websites. In fact there are very few things I use my phone's Web browser for.

5. wigfield

Cheers i will enjoy the new way of app sites,When i have to use a browser is there one that everyone uses for the Ace 2? I did install Chrome.

6. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

Again, it's personal preference. Chrome tends to be slow and laggy though. Personally I just stick to the stock browser.

7. wigfield

I shall have a play with some browsers,I here Dolphin browser is quite good.