• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Viewing Word and Adobe attachments

I cannot open attachments from my work email. When I try to open Word documents with ThinkFree, the documents just have symbols on it. So I dowloaded Documents 2 Go (which I used with my Treo). When I open with that, it says "It cannot be opened because it appears to be a plain text file". And the PDF file, with ThinkFree, said Error opening file. It may not be valid PDF file. (But it is a normal Adobe file we use all the time at work). What am I doing wrong??

I can't answer for Thinkfree as I never tried it, but I've always used Documents to go which is basically Microsoft office + PDF...

Same with me. I used Doc 2 Go with my Treo for the last 4 years. But I downloaded it and it won't open my Word docs either. It just says..."It cannot be opened because it appears to be a plain text file"??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones