• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps viewport set webview zoom to fit the application ..

ben74

Lurker
Jul 15, 2013
Hi, I'm developing a new webview app ( html5 canvas + javascript ) @ this location: paint test

I'm trying to fit & fix the webview zoom in order to fit it on every possible device ..

#here is for viewport that only fits with chrome on galaxy note

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1207,height=631,initial-scale=0.5,minimum-scale=0.5,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no">

( note : with webview or base android navigator I have to double tap on time to get the zoom at it's correct level ... and have not found this far how to emulate this double tap outside zoom effect .. )

Java :
WebView b=(WebView)findViewById(R.id.webview);WebSettings s=b.getSettings();
s.setJavaScriptEnabled(true);s.setLoadWithOverviewMode(true);s.setUseWideViewPort(true);
s.setDefaultZoom(ZoomDensity.FAR);b.setInitialScale(0);b.setVisibility(View.GONE);
b.loadUrl('http://prechoix.fr/z/paint/1.html');b.reload();b.setVisibility(View.VISIBLE);

Layout :
<WebView android:id="@+id/webview" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent" />

& manifest in landscape mode

As I'm having a wild time trying to fix this, more than 20 hours currently, and having no correct answers at all from stackoverflow I'm asking for help, here currently

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance :) :smokingsomb:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones