• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Viewsonic viewpad

Does the viewsonic viewpad support flash player at all

Thanks

Both the Gtab (Android 2.2) and Viewpad 10 (Windows and Android 1.6) can run Flash... for the Gtab just need to get to install a 10.1 version built to run on Tegra2 like the Toshiba Folio version, The Viewpad 10 is Intel Atom Based so normal windows version of Flash while no Flash for Android 1.6

Upvote 0
The one I refer to is this one
Tesco Direct Mobile

I wondered what the potential is for this tablet because I live in the uk and cant get any other tablets except this one.
And I did research and found out this is supposedly identical to the viewsonic

Thanks

This is a 'Linx Commtiva N700 Android' 7" Capacative Touchscreen, Qualcomm MSM7227 (ARM11) 600 MHz CPU, 512MB, Android 2.2, Wifi, Bluetooth and 3G...

It's Not identical to either of the above I noted above but is Similar to a Viewpad 7 another cheaper and Slower alternative to the Samsung Galaxy Tablet....

He're a good jump point description that also has link to Modaco user forum where you can probably learn a lot more.

http://www.carrypad.com/2010/11/26/linx-commtiva-n700-a-discounted-viewpad-7/

You might want to check out the Modaco site for info on this and others available in the UK...

Upvote 0
From my research the x86 versions of Android is a third party port that is not affiliated in any way with Google. This being said, it is not an official Android OS so you do not get access to the Google Apps Market or any apps that are licences to or are copyrighted by Google. Also I think this is causing Adobe to not recognise Android x86 and thus not release flash for it.

Now if the Android x86 group can gain approved vendor status this may all change, but until then Android x86 will be limited to functionality native the Googles source code and apps they can get permission to include or offer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones