1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

VillainROM 12.0.0 Final - WWE Android 2.1 by TeamVillain....released!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stoney73, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

Setcpu?

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Why can't you use overclock widget with launcher pro? Lack of space? Because it would work perfectly if you put it on the launcher pro home screen.

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

I am now officially impressed with this Rom, seems my titanium back up and bad clockspeeds were messing with me, Facebook sync still wont work.. everything else is uber stable

4. 1ceb0x

1ceb0x Member

On Villain 10.3 with Launcher pro 0.6.3 ( i guess) the overclock widget will not shown the values of the new clock. It was showing like "Overclock Widget" and if i clicked on it, it will not do anything.

But now with Villain 12, Launcher pro 0.6.3 and overclock widget, everything works flawlessly :).

I haven't had much time to work with this rom but i'm sure that is a great release.

5. stoney73

stoney73 Guest

jaffa, have you gone into settings, accounts and sync? tick both background data and Auto-sync, then press sync all......

I'm sure its something you've already done....but you never know, it is a weekend afterall

6. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

I have, thanks though. When I manually sync contacts the sync symbol only appears for 3 seconds ..

7. MF1

MF1 Well-Known Member

Just downloaded and installed this and very impressed, it does not feel like a custom ROM. I won't be doing the Orange upgrade now, if they ever actually release one that is.

Also just downloaded the overclock widget. Never used this before for, can anyone let me know some good settings to try it out?

8. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

I prefer Setcpu.. Set your profiles make sure that the sleep profile is about 250 min 350 max, this saves battery, if you go below 200 my screen won't wake up. And if I go above 700 my phone locks, 690 works well for me with a min set.around 550

9. mark1252003

mark1252003 Member

Yup, another one impressed here (Thus wont be doing the Orange update!!) Live wallpapers work ok even if it does go back to the original wallpaper after standby on occasion but its livable!! navigation froze my phone up solid once but after a battery pull it was ok, OC works flawlessly too running at 749mhz with no glitches.;););)

10. mindfloss

mindfloss Member

any1 try this thats on TELUS in Canada yet? if so, does mms text sending work?

11. MF1

MF1 Well-Known Member

Ah, running the overclock at at 690 for a week, see how that goes with the battery etc then might try the max speed :)

I have another question. When going into keyboard settings there options to have a smilie key. I have turned this on and then gone to the Kill KB option but when I go into messaging I still have the standard keyboard, does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I had it working on Sense build 5.1?

12. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sounds like you're actually using the normal HTC keyboard not the modified one. Make sure the HTC_IME keyboard is ticked in the Language and Keyboard menu in the settings, then long press on a text input box and select HTC_IME :)

fangorn, tojjer and MF1 like this.
  13. MF1

MF1 Well-Known Member

Ah, thats fixed it, cheers Xyro.

14. tojjer

tojjer Android Enthusiast

Ahhhhh, nice one Xyro, that was pissin me off trying to remember how to get that back

15. guss606

guss606 Member

Hi Guys,

I am running the official 2.1 ROM on my unlocked GSM Hero and thinking of installing this V12 ROM.
    And as I never rooted or did any of those things before, Is there a step by step how to install it? and would it be possible "for whatever reason" to have the currently running 2.1 ROM back after V12 installation?

Thanks,

16. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

You would have to follow one of the guides stickied at the top of this section of the forum. So that you know what terms to look for: You would have to make a 'goldcard' to downgrade from 2.1 to 1.5 then install a custom recovery menu using flashrec. Then you use that to flash a new ROM.

It's lucky that downgrading back to 1.5 is possible; nobody has figured out how to do this to 2.1.

17. guss606

guss606 Member

Thanks for your reply, I will try to do that after work tonight and hope it will work...

18. tojjer

tojjer Android Enthusiast

Good luck Guss, it's worth it, it's a very good ROM is V12

19. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

If only fb would sync it would be a perfect Rom :)

20. stoney73

stoney73 Guest

Jaffa....

Have you tried.......removing Facebook for HTC Sense account and add it again via Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook for HTC Sense? and tick sync live feed and sync contacts?

Am dredging the bottom of my barrel here.

21. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

Yeah, but thanks for trying man :)

22. guss606

guss606 Member

I don't know where to start guys... i am so :thinking::thinking::thinking:...
    Here is my "Software Information" if that would help you guide me:

Firmware update:
    2.1-update1

Baseband version
    63.18.55.06PU_6.35.15.11

Kernel version
    2.6.29-063c4d24
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build number
    3.32.405.1 CL191507 release-keys

Software number

Browser version
    Webkit 3.1

I hope this will help you guiding me...

I am new posting here but I've been reading this forum "almost daily" since i bought the phone "Oct 2009" and i really want to install the V12 because I waited all this long for the official 2.1 for nothing, so laggy and buggy.

23. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

Follow the guide at the top of this forum. You need to downgrade to 1.5 first, by goldcard method..

24. mindfloss

mindfloss Member

so mms is confirmed work out of the box, in tha i wont have to open up termainal editor and edit back in my mms settings? last time i flashed i had to get telus techs to fix my mms, cuz there was nuthin i could do to get it set back up properly

25. marco712

marco712 Member

I have 2 Questions:

1. about Rosie config.... the Villan Rom page says that you need to activate live wallpapers via rose config... I did a quick google search. Is it an install add on? If it's already included I'm not sure where to find it...

2. OC'ing... I'm unsure how this works on cell phones... when I was using villan 10 I downloaded an OC app. On the Villan page it says "19MHz to 748MHz OC kernel added". What exactly does that mean?

Thanks for all your help!