• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viper4Android Driver issue "Busybox not installed/notrooted correctly"

HI guys I have been infront of my computer and phone for hours upon hours over the past two days trying to get viper4android to work and no matter what I do the driver just will not install.
This is my first time rooting a device and as much as I would call myself very capable when it comes to most things tech related I am about to throw in the towel

I'm on Nexus 6p running 7.1.1 build N4F26O running twrp 3.0.3-0 and superSU2.79 with busybox 1.26.2 (stericson) currently

I have tried everything i have seen from my many hours of troubleshooting around the web (rename/remove of vendor/ect/audio_effects.conf completely, adding .bac. to the end of said file, multiple different viper builds with fresh installs and multiple different versions/devs of busybox. Along with multiple wipes and fresh installs of everything) nothing seems to work

I am stuck with the ever present mocking of viper telling me that I either don't have busybox installed or I am not rooted which I clearly do and am.

I have tried with Viper4android_FX_v2.5.0.5 along with guitardedheros apparent modified version.

If anyone can help in anyway It would be much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones