1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vipermod question .. .

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hove131, Apr 16, 2012.

1. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

I have dloaded vipermod and after undervolting and exiting ... terminal is still running up top in the notification bar and wont clear out ... is this normal? Only way i can get it to dissapear is restarting phone ... but then i loose my vipermod setting.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Well vipermod is only for AOSP kernels. So if you use sense your going to lose it all the time after restarting.

You have to close out of the terminal app for it to stop. Should be in the top corner

3. hove131

this i know and im running aosp ( 7.2) .... so not sure what else to do

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Thats really strange. I think all these problems you are having is just a result of cm7.2

I'd try something else in all honestly.

5. hove131

u say tommys has a aosp rom ? trying to find it now ... and what mason kernel do you recomend ?

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

No its sense, but its sense 1.0 so its very lightweight. I get my best battery life out of that ROM.

There is also a sense-less version of it that you can flash if you prefer to use a different launcher. Its technically still sense because its not built from source-but stripped down

There isnt a mason kernel for sense based ROMS currently. It should be in his next release

7. hove131

ya i didnt think he had a aosp rom yet ... why i was kinda excited there lol ... but thanks

Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Android Enthusiast

you can use vipermod on the underworld sense kernel ;)
    great kernel and its sbc

Underworld XDA thread

use the vipermod that is in the thread

im using it right now on a sense 3.5 rom and i have no lag and good battery life :D

9. brianvillage5

brianvillage5 Well-Known Member

After you set your underfoot you have to save changes by pushing enter then use option ten I believe and that will create an init.d folder to make it stick on reboots. Then push menue and exit to close out terminal emulator. All of the options are there, I run cm7.2 and my underclothing settings stick everytime.

sent from my evo 4g running a bunch of awesome mods developed by some real sweet devs.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  10. 3VOcrack

3VOcrack Well-Known Member

i am trying to use VIPERMOD for the first time. I did the (su vipermod) to see the options. I try and select 1 to view current voltage and then enter (1 enter) and all it says is DONE!

I try to select option 2 (2 enter) and its says DONE. What am I doing wrong?

11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Should just hit the option to lower voltages and then either pick 25 or 50 and that should be it.

su
    vipermod
    #for lowering voltages
    # for selecting voltage
    enter
    enter

Close

12. 3VOcrack

I do:
    su
    vipermod

then says
    1)view voltage
    2)reduce voltage
    3)raise voltage
    4)reset voltage
    etc..
    select an option and press enter to exit:

13. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yep...
    su
    vipermod
    1 or 2
    enter
    enter

14. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yep...
    su
    vipermod
    option for -25 or -50
    enter
    enter

15. 3VOcrack

I found the issue.........
    you have to instead be on the ABC letter keyboard, it needs to be on the 123 number keyboard to push enter and have the changes register. WEIRD!!!!

FYI I am using MIUI Rom (not ICS)

Granite1, dustwun77 and Rxpert83 like this.
  16. 3VOcrack

second issue.....
    I cant undervolt, not even -25 without a reboot occuring. any possible solutions?

17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Some phones cant handle it. Simple as that.

If your phone doesnt like aggressive freedom kernels or anything like that chances are your phone can't handle undervolting.

My phone rebooted once in the first day I used vipermod to undervolt but its been fine ever since.

18. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

When I had my Evo, I was undervolted -100 while using an aggressive freedom kernel, w/o issue.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  19. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Ok time for Rx to go to school now...

I was running the mason kernel vipermoded -50 and then flashed a different one last night.

Do the settings still apply to the new kernel or do I need to run vipermod again?

20. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Not sure. You can run terminal emulator after you flash the new kernel and read what the current voltages are and get your answer there.

21. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Yeah i tried that, but I don't know what they were before :eek:

:D

22. hove131

I am going to highly doubt they stuck.

23. bigverm23

bigverm23 Newbie

original voltages should start at 925 and 975 mV respectively for the lowest frequency I believe.

ocnbrze, Rxpert83 and frenchy714 like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews