• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Vipermod question .. .

hove131

Aug 2, 2011
I have dloaded vipermod and after undervolting and exiting ... terminal is still running up top in the notification bar and wont clear out ... is this normal? Only way i can get it to dissapear is restarting phone ... but then i loose my vipermod setting.

u say tommys has a aosp rom ? trying to find it now ... and what mason kernel do you recomend ?

No its sense, but its sense 1.0 so its very lightweight. I get my best battery life out of that ROM.

There is also a sense-less version of it that you can flash if you prefer to use a different launcher. Its technically still sense because its not built from source-but stripped down

There isnt a mason kernel for sense based ROMS currently. It should be in his next release

Upvote 0
After you set your underfoot you have to save changes by pushing enter then use option ten I believe and that will create an init.d folder to make it stick on reboots. Then push menue and exit to close out terminal emulator. All of the options are there, I run cm7.2 and my underclothing settings stick everytime.

sent from my evo 4g running a bunch of awesome mods developed by some real sweet devs.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
second issue.....
I cant undervolt, not even -25 without a reboot occuring. any possible solutions?

Some phones cant handle it. Simple as that.

If your phone doesnt like aggressive freedom kernels or anything like that chances are your phone can't handle undervolting.

My phone rebooted once in the first day I used vipermod to undervolt but its been fine ever since.

Upvote 0
Some phones cant handle it. Simple as that.

If your phone doesnt like aggressive freedom kernels or anything like that chances are your phone can't handle undervolting.

My phone rebooted once in the first day I used vipermod to undervolt but its been fine ever since.

When I had my Evo, I was undervolted -100 while using an aggressive freedom kernel, w/o issue.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Ok time for Rx to go to school now...

I was running the mason kernel vipermoded -50 and then flashed a different one last night.

Do the settings still apply to the new kernel or do I need to run vipermod again?

Not sure. You can run terminal emulator after you flash the new kernel and read what the current voltages are and get your answer there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones