• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Virgin Message

You're extremely lucky, I average that on 4G in my area. :rolleyes:
OB

I have several spots near my office where 4G gets over 8mbps. Charlotte was one of the first cities to get wimax, and it's been a strong signal since before I got my OG Evo back in 2010.

I also drive through a 2 mile stretch of residential on the way home where the 4G is non-existant and the 3G crawls (I mean like deathbed crawling...slower than dialup). Pandora and Rhapsody usually cut out for this stretch, and since it includes a popular cut through, it can take more than 10 minutes during rush hour to get through it.

I've actually started to leave my 4G on. My OG Evo was particular about the 4G signal and it was always cutting out on me. I'd have to be stationary to consider turning on 4G. Now, I just set it and forget it. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones