1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [10/08/2014][ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity[9.5]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by moonknightus, Jun 2, 2014.

1. tca8888

tca8888 Newbie

Hi there,
    This is great work! I just wanted to note with the 9.1 version I experienced an issue with voicemail. The application said there was an update and every time I launched it would unexpectedly quit.I restored my original ROM and I have no issues with voicemail. I tried different applications to get to my voice messages but nothing worked. I just wanted to share for any troubleshooting purposes. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Extract the voicemail app from the stock ROM and use that.

3. moonknightus

moonknightus Android Enthusiast

09/15/2014: 9.3
    • SYSTEM: Reverted pre-installed Visual Voicemail APK to the version included with ND8 stock to resolve issues
    -------------------------------------
    RELEASE NOTES: This should resolve issues people were having with the updated VVM apk constantly showing an update available and/or a voicemail notification. ---WARNING--- This release WILL erase any VVM updates that have been installed along with any and all VVM related data and settings.

4. moonknightus

09/17/2014: 9.4
    • SYSTEM: Re-based notification layouts to correct swipe zones
    • SYSTEM: Reduced space between notification header buttons to prevent overlapping notification header date when AM/PM indicator is enabled
    ----------------------------------------------------
    RELEASE NOTES: As with 9.3, this update (and any subsequent updates to the 9 series will remove any installed updates to the Visual Voicemail apps as well as any of its stored data/settings.

5. xstefen

xstefen Android Expert

Keep up the good work man, though I'm not a user, its great to see so much dedication and constant improvement

6. TheWineLover

TheWineLover Newbie

Hey y'all... love the rom but in the last two days I've been having massive data signal issues. Even when I have a full signal, the LET icon goes missing and suddenly, I can't get squat internet wise.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you solve it?

7. moonknightus

There is no LET icon in this ROM. For signal issues, complain to Sprint.

8. bob-st

bob-st Android Enthusiast

Yes. I suffered similar issues when sprint had problems with my local tower. It seems that a disgruntled former employee was cutting some cables at several towers

9. SuppliedRelic

SuppliedRelic Member

I am having issues with the CPU usage spiking to 100% at least once a minute. Can anybody help me narrow down the cause of this?

10. pOsSuM72

pOsSuM72 Android Enthusiast

Flashed this once again,sucks being a flashaholic ;-) anyways been running it all day.Everything works on this puppy,I mean everything. Great job love the flash setup and all.Big thumbs up.

moonknightus likes this.
  11. RhinoRound

RhinoRound Lurker

Was hoping to get unlock code

12. moonknightus

Amazingly, this has nothing to do with my ROM. Ask your question elsewhere.

pOsSuM72 likes this.
  13. xstefen

xstefen Android Expert

I don't understand what just happened. Your perseverance impresses me, moon

6th_Hokage and moonknightus like this.
  14. moonknightus

10/08/2014: 9.5
    • SYSTEM: Fixed QuantumThemer again
    --------------------------------------------
    RELEASE NOTES: This is not the update you are looking for. ;-)
    This is a bug-fix only release. Apparently at some point I reverted the QuantumThemer APK from 9.1 back to the one from 9.0, causing QuantumThemer to disappear. FIXED

sean19661 and Krobar like this.
  15. John762

John762 Newbie

Rock SOLID ROM Thank you!

The only and I mean the only thing I miss is the ability to take a Pic with in the stock text app and it is really a small thing. and I'm probably doing something incorrectly that is causing this.

16. bob-st

bob-st Android Enthusiast

This (take a Pic with in the stock text app) is working for me. What messaging app did you select when you flashed the rom? (I am using the touchwiz messaging app)

17. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Where in the world do you see anything about an unlock code in the Original Post (OP) of this thread?

This is a custom ROM thread and has nothing to do with an unlock code. You in the wrong section all together. To my knowledge, Virgin Mobile phones don't even need an unlock code. I know Boost phones don't.

You guys wonder why Moon gets upset at some of the posts people make in his Conquest thread. The post I quoted above is a prime example. You can only sugar coat the answers for so long before you finally have to be blunt and start telling it like it is.

mydian, moonknightus and VivisClone like this.
  18. moonknightus

Edit: See #248

19. Racutt

Racutt Newbie

I've always had issues with device versions, what is the exact download link for the recovery? I see 5+ downloads with "S3" in the name.

20. moonknightus

If you can't figure out what kind of s3 you have, this ROM is not for you.

wetbiker7 likes this.
  21. alexizawesome

alexizawesome Well-Known Member

Assuming you are on the Virgin Mobile S3, you want the Sprint version.

Flashed it! Looks nice and blue. I will miss you Philz Touch.

22. moonknightus

CWM recovery sucks. For now, we'll stick with PhilZ latest release. If I come across a copy of TWRP that actually works or if I can successfully build a custom version of CWM that accepts recovery scripting (ie. unencrypted extendedcommands), I may switch over but PhilZ will be the only 'supported' recovery for the time being.

23. moonknightus

Project closed. I'm sick of whiny people who can't be bothered to read through the thread (not to mention the first page) for questions to their answers and expect me to troubleshoot every little problem they have with this app or that. If a MOD wants to lock this thread, be my guest.

VivisClone and xstefen like this.