• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [10/08/2014][ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity[9.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been loving the ROM so far but after I installed 4.1 I started getting some force closes and Opera just freezing. I've been using a flashable theme that has had no issues on earlier releases. I don't know if that's the issue, but nothing else comes to mind. I haven't changed any cpu settings or anything else that would seem obvious as a potential problem. I just dirty flashed 4.0 and it seems to be back to running perfect.

I am also seeing (usually two) "Google Play Music has stopped" messages on power up. I also get the stopped message every time I try to open the Play Music App.

I don't use "Google Play Music" so it's not a big deal... just sharing information.

Also (for full disclosure) I dirty flashed 4.0 over 3.3, however don't remember getting the stopped messages until I flashed 4.1

Update... Just re-flashed 4.0 (the only custom option I selected is TW Messaging) and am still getting the stopped messages. I'll try a clean install and update later

Edit: Just did a clean install of 4.0 and Play Music is working. :)

Upvote 0
CHANGELOG

07/05/2014: 4.2
  • SYSTEM: Minor tweaks to Lockscreen layout
  • SYSTEM: Minor tweaks to System layout
  • SYSTEM: Moved brightness slider to quick settings panel
  • SYSTEM: Enabled 1x data type indicator
  • SYSTEM: Switched battery percentage font to Bold styling for better readability
  • APPS: Removed Google Play Services from update zip to avoid conflicts with future updates

Reactions: codmerc and bob-st
Upvote 0
CHANGELOG

07/05/2014: 4.2
  • SYSTEM: Minor tweaks to Lockscreen layout
  • SYSTEM: Minor tweaks to System layout
  • SYSTEM: Moved brightness slider to quick settings panel
  • SYSTEM: Enabled 1x data type indicator
  • SYSTEM: Switched battery percentage font to Bold styling for better readability
  • APPS: Removed Google Play Services from update zip to avoid conflicts with future updates

The only thing you have done to your rom that I did not like was the kk battery icon with the tiny percent font (that I couldn't read without glasses). I actually installed a widget just so I could see the battery percent.

Happy to say that I can now (with 4.2) read the battery percent again.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I currently have Conquest 4.1 on my system and the behavior of my home button changed when long press only shows recent apps. I know before I could get a screen to clear memory and such but thats not there. After research I found I dont have Samsung S Voice installed anymore assuming I missed it doing 4.0 install. Trying to get homekey back the way it working in earlier ROM. What the best to way to go about that. I will be adding Conquest 4.2 as well so can go from that point.

As a side note would it be alright when I do a custom install if I install all apps I might use or will there be conflicts choosing one app over another?

I dont anything with themes maybe install one so that not going to be a problem. And thanks for all the work on the ROM is been a great one to use.
I am still a noobie setting this stuff but I am learning more with each install.

Upvote 0
im getting a battery dranage and performance isnt that great, what governor and cpu ect are you using? im using interactive

I'm using pegasusq. I've got it running at 1890Mhz. With the screen at full brightness. With these settings the phone looks and performs great but while I'm playing games I'll burn through some battery. However, with the phone in my pocket while I'm working I have very little battery drain.

Upvote 0
I currently have Conquest 4.1 on my system and the behavior of my home button changed when long press only shows recent apps. I know before I could get a screen to clear memory and such but thats not there. After research I found I dont have Samsung S Voice installed anymore assuming I missed it doing 4.0 install. Trying to get homekey back the way it working in earlier ROM. What the best to way to go about that. I will be adding Conquest 4.2 as well so can go from that point.

As a side note would it be alright when I do a custom install if I install all apps I might use or will there be conflicts choosing one app over another?

I dont anything with themes maybe install one so that not going to be a problem. And thanks for all the work on the ROM is been a great one to use.
I am still a noobie setting this stuff but I am learning more with each install.

Long press home button is supposed to show only recent apps. The other functions were overlayed by Samsung's Task Manager app, which was removed. You could grab it from a stock ROM and push it back to the system but I won't provide instructions for this and I don't know if it will even work with the modifications I've made.

S-Voice is not installed by default because I find it to be inferior to Google Now in most respects. There is an option in the Aroma installer to install S-Voice.

There should be no conflicts from installing everything. The only thing that might prevent it from working well is space constraints. Most of the apps install as user apps which can be easily removed after.

I don't think there are any themes specific to Conquest and I do not currently intend to make any.

Reactions: techmanc
Upvote 0
07/07/2014: 4.3
  • SYSTEM: Increased battery percentage font size for 10%-99% reading
  • SYSTEM: Restored LTE indicator (replaces 4G indicator)
  • SYSTEM: Changes description for Battery percentage display in settings to indicate that a reboot is needed
  • SYSTEM: Renamed Notification panel in settings to Quick settings panel
  • SYSTEM: Adjusted description of Brightness slider in settings
  • SYSTEM: Fixed Brightness slider not sliding
  • SYSTEM: AOSP-style quickcontact popup
  • SYSTEM: Contacts theme tweaks
  • INSTALLER: Fixed updating build version number in build.prop
--------------------------------------------
RELEASE NOTE: This update will replace your build.prop in order to facilitate updating the build number in future releases. If you have any custom tweaks applied to your build.prop, you will need to re-apply them.

Upvote 0
Moonknightus, Since you are probably running out of things to change :) here are a couple of feature requests:

1. In the old Samsung Victory your rom would go to the Notification Panel if you pulled down the left side of the home screen and it would go to the Quick Settings Panel if you pulled down the right side of the home screen. Can this behavior be added to the S3?

Hey, Bob. Remember when you requested this? Wish granted.

CHANGELOG

07/07/2014: 4.4
  • SYSTEM: Added right-side Quick Settings quick pulldown to notification bar
-----------------------------
RELEASE NOTE: I hate posting two updates in one day but I finally got this working and it is probably the most-requested feature that I actually want to have in the ROM myself so I couldn't hold back. Like 4.3, this will replace your build.prop.

Reactions: bob-st and codmerc
Upvote 0
On 4.4, android filehost gives "file not found"

hmm... looks like i somewhow deleted the file right after uploading. re-uploaded it.

EDIT: OK so there's a bug in the system that causes the brightness slider to stay visible if you close the quick settings panel without switching back to notifications. For the life of me, I can't get it to disappear. I'm going to set it so that the brightness slider is always visible on both panels for the next release.

EDIT2: Never mind that last thing. I figured it out.

Reactions: codmerc
Upvote 0
Hey, Bob. Remember when you requested this? Wish granted.

CHANGELOG

07/07/2014: 4.4
  • SYSTEM: Added right-side Quick Settings quick pulldown to notification bar
-----------------------------
RELEASE NOTE: I hate posting two updates in one day but I finally got this working and it is probably the most-requested feature that I actually want to have in the ROM myself so I couldn't hold back. Like 4.3, this will replace your build.prop.

The Left/Right pulldown is working great!

Looks like he best way to get a feature added to this rom is to request something that moon also wants ;) .

The only thing I don't like is the kk battery percent icon. As I said in an earlier post, I added a widget to display the battery percent. I can (and will) live with the kk icon but it wouldn't bother me if you change it to something else in the future.

Thanks for your work with this rom.

Upvote 0
The Left/Right pulldown is working great!

Looks like he best way to get a feature added to this rom is to request something that moon also wants ;) .

The only thing I don't like is the kk battery percent icon. As I said in an earlier post, I added a widget to display the battery percent. I can (and will) live with the kk icon but it wouldn't bother me if you change it to something else in the future.

Thanks for your work with this rom.

Actually, the L/R pull down doesn't work that well as the drag zone is way too big. As the code was designed for a smaller phone, and I basically just threw it together with almost no edits for a quick release, this is to be expected. I have it fixed/improved for the next release. Also swapped out that stupid scrolling animation when switching between quick settings and notifications with the one from AOSP. Customizable quick settings tiles are also ready for the next release. The layout of the quick settings in the settings app now resembles the layout in the panel. Couple more things I want to try to fix and then I'll be ready for another release. Maybe next week or so.

Reactions: bob-st
Upvote 0
CHANGELOG

07/14/2014: 5.0
  • SYSTEM: Reduced the size of right-side the Quick Settings pulldown drag zone
  • SYSTEM: AOSP style Notifications/Quick Settings panel transition animation
  • SYSTEM: Fixed notifications disappearing/quick settings auto appearing
  • SYSTEM: Hides carrier label on Quick Settings panel
  • SYSTEM: Customizable Quick Settings tiles
  • SYSTEM: Corrected layout of Quick Settings Panel in Settings app
  • SYSTEM: Fixed brightness slider not hiding properly
  • SYSTEM: Disabled "Clear Defaults" dialog box when selecting "Always" on intent/activity chooser
  • SYSTEM: Added Wi-Fi SSID to Wi-Fi Quick Setting tile when connected
  • SYSTEM: Added Clear All button in recents panel
  • SYSTEM: Disabled Task Manager/Clear/Search tray in recents panel
  • SYSTEM: Re-enabled option for TouchWiz battery percentage text display
  • SYSTEM: Removed blue background from account headers in settings
  • APPS: Contacts bug fixes/theme fixes
  • APPS: Re-added TouchWiz Task Manager (not optional; required for clear all in recents)
  • APPS: Reverted TouchWiz Gallery to being installed by default (optional)
  • APPS: Removed Samsung Exchange services (again)
  • APPS: Reverted Google Keyboard from Android "L" preview version to Play Store version
  • APPS: Updated pre-installed/optional apps to latest versions (as of 7/14/2014)
-------------------------------------------------
RELEASE NOTES: Sometimes the Wi-Fi SSID disappears from the quick settings tile even when connected. I haven't been able to quite figure out why. Either way, a quick on-off toggle fixes it every time as far as I can tell.

The right-side pulldown zone size has been significantly reduced. It currently sits at about 30% of the right-hand side of the notification bar in portrait orientation and about 40% in landscape.

If you are in the quick settings panel and receive a notification, the system will switch over to notifications automatically. I made this intentional because for whatever reason after I implemented the new Notifications-to-Quick Settings/Quick Settings-to-Notifications animation, notifications wouldn't show up after switching back to Notifications. This fixes it. Sorry if it's inconvenient but at least it's usable.

There may be other changes that are included in this release. I suffered a hard drive crash (again for those of you who remember my work on Conquest for the Victory) and, while I was able to recover most of my work, I lost my changelog. I think I got everything but I can't remember for sure.

EDIT: Bug in this release. Somewhere along the way, I screwed up the clear notifications button. Can't believe I didn't catch this before release. Ah well... 5.1 coming in about an hour or so.

EDIT 2:

CHANGELOG

07/14/2014: 5.1
  • SYSTEM: Fixed Clear All Notifications button
  • SYSTEM: Changed notification header button pressed background color to match AOSP

Reactions: codmerc
Upvote 0
CHANGELOG

07/14/2014: 5.2
  • APPS: AOSP Contacts style small tabs in Contacts
  • APPS: AOSP Contacts style fast scroller in Contacts
  • APPS: Contacts theming tweaks
------------------------------------
RELEASE NOTES: Updater script is fixed in this one. I think the reason that it wasn't working for 5.1 for some people was that I omitted the fixprop script for updating the build.prop but was still trying to call it from the updater script. Either way, it should be working fine now.

This is a cumulative update, so it includes the updates from 5.1; you must be on 5.0 or 5.1 before applying this update.

Upvote 0
Moon, Thanks for the update.

The good... Mostly everything.

The not so good...

Using Quick Settings can be a challenge if you are getting a lot of notifications. However this doesn't happen very often.

The contact scroll bar seems more difficult to grab than the TW one was.

Over all the ROM is great.

Upvote 0
Moon, Thanks for the update.

The good... Mostly everything.

The not so good...

Using Quick Settings can be a challenge if you are getting a lot of notifications. However this doesn't happen very often.

The contact scroll bar seems more difficult to grab than the TW one was.

Over all the ROM is great.

Yeah the quick settings thing is a necessary evil as far as I can tell but I'm going to look into it more before the next release. The next release will be a full release and I've posted my change log showing what I've changed so far. It's not ready yet though.

Upvote 0
07/25/2014: 6.0
  • INSTALLER: Re-arranged/re-ordered options for custom install
  • INSTALLER: Fixed S-Voice not installing when selected
  • SYSTEM: Fixed WiFi SSID disappearing from WiFi tile
  • SYSTEM: Removed double quotes from WiFi SSID
  • SYSTEM: WiFi Quick Settings tile layout tweaks
  • SYSTEM: Power Saving quick settings tile icon changed to dynamic battery level icon
  • SYSTEM: Added battery percentage display to Power Saving quick settings icon
  • SYSTEM: Enabled Wi-Fi activity indicator on statusbar
  • SYSTEM: Clear notifications button now hidden on Quick Settings panel
  • SYSTEM: Properly fixed notifications not showing when received/dismissed while viewing Quick Settings
  • SYSTEM: Receiving/dismissing notifications no longer auto-switches from Quick Settings to Notifications
  • SYSTEM: Removed Social Network Service sync adapter
  • SYSTEM: "No Recent Apps" theme tweaks
  • SYSTEM: Added Task Manager to Settings app
  • SYSTEM: Removed Roaming menu from settings app
  • SYSTEM: Added APN menu to settings
  • SYSTEM: Enabled APN editing
  • SYSTEM: Removed "Samsung Apps" category from Sound settings
  • SYSTEM: Removed build number from version in settings (fixes backup name in philz recovery)
  • SYSTEM: Fixed SystemUI force close on incoming call with screen on/unlocked
  • SYSTEM: Built-in lockscreen clock layout tweaks
  • SYSTEM: Applied holo theme to task manager
  • APPS: Made Samsung Lockscreen Clock widget optional (deselected by default)
  • APPS: Made AllShare and related services optional (deselected by default)
  • APPS: Made Google Keyboard optional (selected by default)
  • APPS: Made AOSP-themed TouchWiz Contacts/Dialer/In-Call optional (deselected by default)
  • APPS: Added AOSP Contacts/Google Dialer/AOSP In-Call (optional, selected by default)
  • APPS: Added TouchWiz Browser (optional, deselected by default)
  • APPS: Added Textra messaging app(optional, deselected by default)
  • APPS: Installing TouchWiz Calendar will now also install TouchWiz Planner widget
  • APPS: BestFace will now only be installed if Samsung Camera is installed
  • APPS: Fixed force close in Samsung Camera when TouchWiz Gallery/Video player are not installed
  • APPS: TouchWiz In-Call screen layout/theme tweaks
  • APPS: Updated pre-installed/optional apps to latest versions (as of 07/23/2014)
---------------------------------
RELEASE NOTES: Please take care to read the FAQs again before installing this release as there have been some new ones added regarding features specific to this release, especially the Google Dialer. In a nutshell, the Google Dialer is not compatible with the stock TouchWiz phone app (in-call app) as it cannot access the call logs generated by it. The AOSP phone app, however, is not compatible with TouchWiz messaging and does not contain the roaming settings menu present in the TouchWiz phone app. Also, special dialer codes do not work with the Google Dialer.

Special thanks go out to bob-st, Madbat, roirraW "edor" ehT, and wetbiker7 for testing this release for me and helping make sure it's as rock solid as possible. As with any release, there may be bugs present that we didn't see so please post here if you encounter any problems.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones