1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] anyone else see this before?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wyliee, Dec 22, 2013.

1. wyliee

wyliee Well-Known Member

very weird thing happened to me, i haven't paid my phone bill so i left my phone turned off and one day i turned it on and was gonna connect to wifi and just browse the internet on it. i realized i was still getting data when not connected to wifi but phone and texting did not work, i downloaded GV phone and connected it to my gmail and i can send and receive calls and text over 4g so in all technicality i have a free service phone. i don't know how i did it. i am rooted running conquest 9.4 on default settings. i received a text from VM right before my service was cut off saying they where working on the towers in my area. i wonder if thats why i am still receiving data.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wyliee

wyliee Well-Known Member

i have also noticed before my data has never been throttled and have used 4g with fast speeds for wifi tethering sometimes over 10gb a month. i dont know if this is related.

3. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

They're going to start throttling 1/14. :(

4. aml1025

aml1025 Android Enthusiast

I had this happen with my One V that I was trying to sell with a $25 plan attached - had a new phone with a new number, so i quit paying on the other account. Life got busy and I didn't do anything with it for a few months - when I powered that phone back on to reset it for sale, I found the same thing you did, so I put TextPlus on it and used it as a backup phone. A month or so later Virgin Mobile gave me a free month of service on that phone, and after that expired, 3G no longer worked :( But then I sold the phone anyhow, so it was fine. Pretty nice to have that free backup phone though!

Samsung Galaxy Victory Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Victory release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews