• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [BETA] [4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Unofficial

Don't you guys use the sim card to connect to the 3g/2g networks? On the sprint network we only use it for 4g, so we can still access the CDMA network without it. It's not currently being recognized by the phone

I think that's your issue. If you can get the rom to read the sim card, you should be able to get it to access 3/4g data. Virgin/Sprint needs it to access 4g

And I use them to connect to anything! :(

Could it be something we missed in the BoardConfig or overlay? Or is it that we're using the wrong blobs?

Upvote 0
And I use them to connect to anything! :(

Could it be something we missed in the BoardConfig or overlay? Or is it that we're using the wrong blobs?

It could be the wrong blobs, It could be a permission issue. It could be the ramdisk, or the kernel. Phenomx4 had 4g working in his rom. Thats a great place to look.

Upvote 0
It was the blobs, I used the ones from phenomx4's kitkat rom AND SIM CARD DATA WORKS!

On my AT&T SIM, it now recognizes the voicemail number and everything...

EDIT: It can't hang up calls for some reason... But texts both ways work fine.
I wonder if maybe I can reimplement the libril.so to allow calls to hang up...

This also probably fixes not being able to send texts with the stock messaging app, as it can now properly read the SMS related info from the SIM card/baseband

Lib folder:
Code:
libacdbloader.so
libcordon.so
libcsd-client.so
libdiag.so
libdsi_netctrl.so
libdsutils.so
libfactoryutil.so
libidl.so
libnetmgr.so
libomission_avoidance.so
libqcci_legacy.so
libqdi.so
libqdp.so
libqmi_cci.so
libqmi_client_qmux.so
libqmi_common_so.so
libqmi_csi.so
libqmi_encdec.so
libqmiservices.so
libqmi.so
libQSEEComAPI.so
libril-qc-qmi-1.so
libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
libril.so
libsecnativefeature.so
libsecril-client.so

Bin folder:
Code:
ds_fmc_appd
netmgrd
qmuxd
qseecomd
rild
sec-ril

Last edited:
Reactions: xclusive36
Upvote 0
Great find. I'll mess with it tonight on vm/sprint end. Does it get 4g?
LTE data works for me, but calls only work if I do LTE/WCDMA (I used a friend's sim card)

SQJXWxk.png

I've also discovered that you can't receive calls... Texts both ways work fine though.

Some progress with the camera?
Not yet, I'll be working on the camera and the vibrator once I nail down the calls issue...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LTE data works for me, but calls only work if I do LTE/WCDMA (I used a friend's sim card)

I've also discovered that you can't receive calls... Texts both ways work fine though.

Not yet, I'll be working on the camera and the vibrator once I nail down the calls issue...

Not being able to receive calls was the issue with the liquid smooth rom. Phenomx4's February 5th rom received phone calls but had a memory leak. His February 8th rom fixed the memory leak but didn't receive calls. Sounds like your making great progress :)

Upvote 0
What the hell is this supposed to mean?
Code:
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: cannot locate symbol "rild" referenced by "rild"...

How can it not find its own symbol? xD (I even grep'd the whole rom, and copied any files with 'rild' in them)

I'm an idiot, I copied libril.so to /system/bin xD

Now, I get this:
Code:
Diag_LSM_Init: Failed to open handle to diag driver, error = 13
And I hope that I don't have to do any kernel modification to get this to work now... :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Running this rom now, camera doesn't work, but I knew that wouldn't, but. . .odd behavior with the graphics drivers. I downloaded FFVII G Bike from the Japanese play store and installed it, it installs just fine, but when I boot the game it force closes, no error message, just a force close. Thought I'd mention the bug.
Odd behavior with the graphics drivers? And you installed gapps from the cyanogenmod site, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones