• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [BETA] [4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Unofficial

http://androidforums.com/threads/vi...rgin-mobile-apn-fix-wip-cm-aosp-4-4-x.840298/

Check this out, I was having issues receiving MMS messages until I flashed this, they come through now no problems. Might be able to incorporate these changes into the ROM. There's another one that adds visual voicemail and a modded Messenger, that might actually be what made it work, I'm not sure, I flashed both: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2199489

I had planned to bake that in with the next upload. I've been using it for a while now. As for the visual voicemail, I have used that in the past as well. That won't be included. But I did have planned to provide a link to it though. It's got issues.

Upvote 0
Oh, another thing, to fix the phone (CPU) power issues, rename all of the /system/etc/init.engdo.* files to init.qcom.* then comment out all of these lines under msm8960:
Code:
/sys/module/rpm_resources/enable_low_power/pxo
/sys/module/rpm_resources/enable_low_power/vdd_mem
/sys/module/pm_8x60/modes/cpu0/power_collapse/suspend_enabled
/sys/module/pm_8x60/modes/cpu1/power_collapse/suspend_enabled
I wish power_collapse worked in suspend, but there might need to be a kernel patch for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, another thing, to fix the phone (CPU) power issues, rename all of the /system/etc/init.engdo.* files to init.qcom.* then comment out all lines under msm8960 with :
Code:
cpu0/power_collapse
cpu1/power_collapse
cpu0/standalone_power_collapse
cpu1/standalone_power_collapse
I wish power_collapse worked, but there might need to be a kernel patch for that.

Cool find. I'm going to step back and look at phenomx4's device tree and figure out why after a compile it doesn't boot. He did something and i want to know what it was. Im guessing its just missing files

Edit:. well that was a big fail. no matter what I tried i couldn't get it to compile

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I uploaded another. Few bug fixes, I added some missing files, oh and Bluetooth now works. I forgot to add vibration. I'll add that to the next update. :) I also changed it from Alpha to Beta.
Awesome!

I still get random (but infrequent) surfaceflinger hangs, but it's SO much better than before... I think the vibrator and CPU C-states are tied together, as vibration works perfectly without hanging with the fix I posted above.

Reactions: xclusive36
Upvote 0
Awesome!

I still get random (but infrequent) surfaceflinger hangs, but it's SO much better than before... I think the vibrator and CPU C-states are tied together, as vibration works perfectly without hanging with the fix I posted above.

So far it's been smooth with better battery life. You did a good job. :) I haven't tested it with vibration yet. I made a few overlay modifications i'm compiling to test. It should bring it more inline with phenomx4's liquid smooth rom. I'm hoping I can get LTE to work without bugging out.

The camera and torch still not work?
NO. We are working on it. Give us time

Upvote 0
I have to admit, battery life has been pretty good with the last update. Its about where it should be. Before it was very bad.

Great job with the power_collapse fix daemon32
Thanks! :D

And have you tried the vibrator yet? And if so, how stable is it? If it's fine for you, I might have to redownload everything and rebuild, because I run the latest mainline kernel on my build machine, and it might have corrupted something.

And one more thing... Do you know anything about diag mode? I want to put my GSM P659 on freedompop (sprint) and my phone shows a ECN/MEID when using CDMA firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones