• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [BETA] [4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Unofficial

Hi guys, i'm here to report some bugs, one of them, i can't save new APN's, and when i go to the notifications appears "no service" even with as signal bars full.

Sorry for my english, i'm brazilian.
If you do not understand, i will send somes pics.

Your english is good. 4g/lte is not working yet. you will need to switch to 3g.
Settings > Mobile Network > Preferred network type > 3g

Upvote 0
se vocÊ conseguir poste a solução aqui,agradecerei ;D

#Edit consegui usar as apn, porém o H+ ou E+ de internet não funciona,creio que seja por causa do "Sem serviço"
I wish I could speak português here, but the mods already warned me about castellano...

Yeah, GSM (EDGE/H+) doesn't work with this ROM unless you go to Telefone and push *#*#4636#*#* and push 'Informações do telefone' and change 'CDMA auto' to 'WCDMA preferred'
http://i.imgur.com/ra1Tlhd.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no no, i want wcdma, but doesn't work, the apn could not be saved, so i used an apn manager as system app and i got it use any apn, only the "H+" doesn't appear, and any application says "the mobile network are disable" , but data is active. I try to copy some archives (libs of rom xperion) equal daemon32 he made, but doesn't work, result in was in an infinite loop.

xperion rom: http://androidcreations.weebly.com/xperion-rom-f3.html

sorry for my bad english i'm brazilian, and the translator google site has a problem here.
http://i.imgur.com/EF8cEsd.png
http://i.imgur.com/iW3DCYX.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the record, all of the init.* and ueventd.* stuff relies on the 'androidboot.hardware=' value (such as our androidboot.hardware=qcom value) and you have to use 'qcom' instead of 'fx3s' unless you rename everything from *.qcom.* to *.fx3s.* and change androidboot.hardware=qcom to androidboot.hardware=fx3s
I'll check it out, on what date you go on vacation?

Upvote 0
For the record, all of the init.* and ueventd.* stuff relies on the 'androidboot.hardware=' value (such as our androidboot.hardware=qcom value) and you have to use 'qcom' instead of 'fx3s' unless you rename everything from *.qcom.* to *.fx3s.* and change androidboot.hardware=qcom to androidboot.hardware=fx3s
which files can export another rom for the 3G work in Brazil?
or change those already on rom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My showstopper for the next build is the horrible instability of bluetooth, and this:

D/GsmSST ( 1417): [GsmSST] Poll ServiceState done: oldSS=[0 0 home AT&T AT&T 310410 UMTS HSPA CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1 DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] newSS=[0 0 home AT&T AT&T 310410 UMTS HSPA CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1 DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] oldMaxDataCalls=20 mNewMaxDataCalls=20 oldReasonDataDenied=-1 mNewReasonDataDenied=-1

EDIT: Also this:

I/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILQ( 325): (0/325):RIL[0][cmd-20(960)] qcril_qmi_nas_request_registration_state: reported data technology 11

Which should look like this:

D/GsmSST ( 1030): [GsmSST] Poll ServiceState done: oldSS=[0 0 home AT&T AT&T 310410 UMTS HSPA CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1 DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] newSS=[0 0 home AT&T AT&T 310410 UMTS HSPA+ CSS not supported -1 -1 RoamInd=-1 DefRoamInd=-1 EmergOnly=false] oldMaxDataCalls=20 mNewMaxDataCalls=20 oldReasonDataDenied=-1 mNewReasonDataDenied=-1

And this:

I/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILQ( 226): (0/226):RIL[0][cmd-20(40)] qcril_qmi_nas_request_registration_state: reported data technology 15

HSPA+ works in the LS-KK rom, but not on mine for some reason...
EDIT2: And the vibrator bug (where surfaceflinger hangs) still exists, and is triggered by trying to put something that won't fit on a full homescreen or by pushing too many numbers on the lockscreen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is possible swap internal memory to external in KitKat?
Yes, in the ramdisk's fstab.qcom, change:

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data ext4 nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,journal_async_commit,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=footer,length=-16384

To:

/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /data ext4 nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,journal_async_commit,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/encrypt

Reactions: wladmcd
Upvote 0
Yes, in the ramdisk's fstab.qcom, change:

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data ext4 nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,journal_async_commit,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=footer,length=-16384

To:

/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /data ext4 nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,journal_async_commit,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/encrypt
Thx very much, you know the reason why only front câmera work in ls-kk or a prevision to update cyanogenmod? And usb mass storage or mtp does not world in ls kk

Edit#2 In rom-Ls KK, configurations of mobile networks in preferred type you left "global"? I used another apn list of rom xperion, had no problems about it, if I do want to upload this file.(To try use HSPA+)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones