1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] Bricked S3 (Virgin Mobile) - SPH-L710

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leev18, Oct 25, 2014.

1. leev18

leev18 Lurker

Hello, I have a working rooted S3 for months now. I notice that it was getting slow and freezing up a lot, so I try to factory reset it. Factory reset failed and everything that was suppose to be deleted is still on the device. I couldn't access the recovery boot menu for hard resetting.

Next, I try to flash the phone back to the way it was when I first bought using this youtube guide, not to change carriers. Sad, I did everything the video told to do, but that didn't work and it bricked my phone.

Oden Logs:
    It seems my phone is soft bricked.

Note:
    - Device can be turn on, but I get to "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select reocvery mode in Kies & try again."
    - I tried using the kie software, but it i get stuck on "connecting..."
    - I can boot into downloading mode.
    - I tried using oden, but I still keep getting the errors same as the logs above.
    - I can't boot into recovery.
    - Google didn't help much

any help or suggestions is appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Your not bricked as you can get into Odin (download) mode. Flash your stock firmware and try again with that.

scary alien and leev18 like this.
  3. leev18

leev18 Lurker

I can open oden on my computer, and boot into download mode on my device. How do i flash my stock firmware with it?

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to our AndroidForums, leev18.

I've moved your thread over to the VM all-things root area for the S3 for you.

Best of luck!

5. alexizawesome

alexizawesome Well-Known Member

The most important question: What firmware was your device on? Were you by any chance on kitkat 4.4.2? The reason this is important is because the firmware linked in that video appears to be pre kitkat 4.4.2 and if you were to odin that while your device already being on the latest firmware it would result in a brick.

scary alien likes this.
  6. leev18

leev18 Lurker

scary alien likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews