• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Camera Troubles

revins95

Feb 2, 2013
Hello everyone. I wanted to ask for some help in getting my camera to work. I recently got myself a new GS3 because my last one was stolen and i went through all the trouble of re-rooting it and booting a new ROM (LiquidSmooth 4.4.4 to be exact). i finally settles for LS after trying a slew of different ROMs because the camera refused to work on all of them until now. LS is the only decent ROM ive found with a working camera when combined with any of the 4.4.4 GAPPs i could find (mini, light, standard or otherwise). The rear camera works now but taking a pic with the front freezes everything and force reboots the ROM.
Any help on getting it to work smoothly or anyone else having this problem have any ideas.

Please and thanks for any support :thinking:

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask for some help in getting my camera to work. I recently got myself a new GS3 because my last one was stolen and i went through all the trouble of re-rooting it and booting a new ROM (LiquidSmooth 4.4.4 to be exact). i finally settles for LS after trying a slew of different ROMs because the camera refused to work on all of them until now. LS is the only decent ROM ive found with a working camera when combined with any of the 4.4.4 GAPPs i could find (mini, light, standard or otherwise). The rear camera works now but taking a pic with the front freezes everything and force reboots the ROM.
Any help on getting it to work smoothly or anyone else having this problem have any ideas.

So this camera has not worked correctly on ANY rom including STOCK?

I had a similar problem with my Samsung Galaxy Camera and the solution was to do a factory reset. Not sure this will resolve your issue but it might.

Upvote 0

My front camera also freezes. I use the camera in snapchat for my selfies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones