1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] Can't move any apps to sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BIGDOG101010, Jul 7, 2013.

1. BIGDOG101010

BIGDOG101010 Newbie

I just got a galaxy s3 and it won't allow me to put any apps on the external SD card my s2 could put some apps on the card but the s3 won't allow any apps on the card does anyone know how to fix this problem Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

It isnt an error or anything man. Its how android phones are going to be from now on. The internal sd is for apps and the external (the one you add) one is for music, vids, that kinda thing.
    There are root ways around it though if like youre a gamer and need a lot of app storage :thumbup:

BIGDOG101010 likes this.
  3. lordmage

lordmage Android Enthusiast

if your that concerned look into link2sd app wont move the apps but symlink them for rooted devices only.

4. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert

I wouldn't even consider putting apps on my external sd card. At least not until I went over 10 gigs of apps. This is my first phone where I don't NEED to put them on the sd card due to insufficient internal memory.

5. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

Yes. With 16GB of internal storage there is no benefit in moving to the external SD. You will diminish performance speed of running those apps. Moving an app to the SD card should be a last resort effort when running out of internal storage.. which should not be an issue with this phone :)

6. djdrma

djdrma Well-Known Member

I was able to move it, I have the sh file for it but you need itid support

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews