• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Carbon kit Kat is up

Just installed it. So far, so good. I get a force close whenever I try to open device tunables under system settings, carbon fibers. Other than that, everything seems smooth and fast. I like the lockscreen options, and the pocket mode.

I installed with MopedRyder's APN fix 2, PA's kk gapps, and the qualcomm optimized dalvik patch.

4g and MMS work perfectly.

Upvote 0
Just installed it. So far, so good. I get a force close whenever I try to open device tunables under system settings, carbon fibers. Other than that, everything seems smooth and fast. I like the lockscreen options, and the pocket mode.

I installed with MopedRyder's APN fix 2, PA's kk gapps, and the qualcomm optimized dalvik patch.

4g and MMS work perfectly.
is there muti windowed??

Upvote 0
Just FYI, these are unofficial builds. The Carbon team has not yet started releasing official builds. Let us know how good these builds are, can't wait for the official versions!
The carbon threads force closes and adding shortcuts to lock screen does not work but otherwise IT IS SO COOL! I can not wait for a stable release. I have no plans of changing this build as mms works and 4g works with fix 2.

Reactions: struckn
Upvote 0
Just FYI, these are unofficial builds. The Carbon team has not yet started releasing official builds. Let us know how good these builds are, can't wait for the official versions!

All the little bugs are fixed in this build. I can now add apps to lock screen short cuts, as well as carbon fibers work. I have yet to find anything wrong with it, and along with moped fix 2 and chomp sms I feel like a have a brand new super phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones