1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support [Virgin Mobile] Change Lock Screen font color

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vsanch24, Dec 29, 2013.

1. vsanch24

vsanch24 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Male
    Mid-Michigan, USA
    Good day all, does anyone know of a way to change the lock screen font color? I am on the MK5 full stock rom so I do not have root. Any free apps that can do this would be appreciated.

Silly me, I have a lot of lightly colored images I would like to use as a Lock Screen wallpaper but can't as the text color is white.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

2. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Apr 8, 2012
    Male
    2-Way Radio Repair Technician
    Chicagoland
    To change the colors of the stock lock screen you will need to root the phone. However there are a bunch of different lock screen replacements available you can download from the play store. I'm not sure which ones allow changing font colors though but maybe someone else here does. Check out Widget Locker, Go Locker, Magic Locker, etc.

vsanch24 likes this.
  3. vsanch24

vsanch24 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Male
    Mid-Michigan, USA
    Thanks for the reply. I am planning on doing the CM 11 jump, but I am first waiting for someone to let me know if I can transfer the phone to another account afterwards. I am planning on giving the SIII to my wife once the next best thing comes out. But I don't want to root/mod it if doing so would prevent the phone from being transferred from my account to hers.