1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Virgin Mobile] Fix boot animation tutorial.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blu422, Jul 22, 2013.

1. blu422

blu422 Newbie
    None

Apr 13, 2013
    This is how to put the animation back to the original Samsung stock -virgin mobile.

For boot animation fix. 2 parts:
    Part 1: go to* http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2077101 and click on "bootanimation hack" link and download that, also "disable custom bootanimations" link and download that. Also download a custom boot animation from that page. Flash enable zip, flash a custom one, then flash revert to stock and stock Samsung will be restored ( not virgin mobile crap)

Part 2: fixing boot up sound: /system/media/audio/ui/ copy the poweron.ogg from that folder to overwrite the poweron.ogg in the /system/media/audio/ui/vmu folder to overwrite the virgin mobile power on sound

Advertisement

2. mudflap2020

mudflap2020 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2013
    Male
    Thanks but who wants to re enable it?

3. blu422

blu422 Newbie
    None

Apr 13, 2013
    Well that just puts the Samsung stock back in not virgin mobile. That's what I prefer but I suppose its unnecessary but that's what I know works so I figured I'd post it that way in case for some reason it only works that way.

4. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    You can put any bootanimation you like on, no need to flash anything, just remove the existing SPR_bootsamsung.qmg and VMU_bootsamsung.qmg files, and replace the bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg files with bootanimations of your choice. I wrote a how to thread here:

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...6394-how-custom-boot-shutdown-animations.html

Edit: This is actually a great find, thank you! This will allow you to put normal bootanimation.zip files on your phone rather than having to use Samsung's Theme Designer and converting everything over. Just take the bootanimation file from the zip (the hacked one, not the return to default), place it in /system/bin and set the permissions to rwxr-xr-x, then place any bootanimation.zip file in /system/media and your done!

Thanks for posting this!

blu422 likes this.