• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Flash Virgin Mobile update on Sprint S3?

payterx

Dec 28, 2010
I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 that i'm using on Virgin Mobile. Because of this, I would like to flash the Virgin Mobile KitKat update through odin. Would that cause any problems? I know they're the same phone internally but I don't want to brick it.

Also, MMS have never worked on it, and none of the MMS fixes for Sprint S3's flashed to VM have worked, so I was hoping that flashing the VM update instead of the Sprint one would change something that would make it work.

Thanks

EDIT: I guess what i'm trying to ask is, If you flash a Virgin Mobile KitKat update through odin, would later flashing the Sprint KitKat update through odin brick the phone? Would it brick because it would have to flash another bootloader?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones