1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] Galaxy SIII (SPH-L710) Virgin Mobile HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pankakejoe, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Pankakejoe

Pankakejoe Lurker

I am brand new to the Android scene. I have been using Apple devices for a long time. I am really familiar with jailbreaking and I thought I could just jump right in and root my new S3.

Unfortunately you have to be a rocket scientist to understand how to do all of this stuff (well, atleast with absolutely no prior experience). So, of course I ****** up and, apparently, soft bricked my phone (I think?).

I searched all night and found out how use Odin (a bit) and stumbled upon a sprint firmware to try to restore my phone to working condition, or so i thought.

The firmware I flashed onto my s3 (virgin mobile mind you) was:
    L710VPUCMK3_L710SPRCMK3_L710VPUCMK3_HOME.tar.md5

which as most of you can see is a Sprint firmware. So, unfortunately my Virgin Mobile phone believes it is a sprint phone. This wouldnt be a problem but I just transferred my number from a StraightTalk phone to Virgin Mobile tonight. So my "Sprint" phone wont use the virgin mobile signal or some shit (this is where my understanding of the situation falls apart).

Here is my problem. I need to lose the Sprint firmware on my phone and get it back to Virgin Mobile ASAP! I currently can't use the phone (when i try to make a call i get an automated message saying "your account cannot be validated, please contact customer services") Even though when I do get in contact with the Virgin Mobile customer service automated bot it confirms I should have service and I need to reprogram the phone.

I have exhausted myself by googling my darn fingers to the bone, so i need some help. This is the only time in my life I have stooped to making a forum post about any technical problems Ive had with any device. I can usually piece it together myself but this is so far out of my league and I need this fixed more than anything before. Let me know any info i need to provide and keep in mind I DO NOT need my phone rooted. I just want to get back to a pure Virgin Mobile factory restore.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Here is where you can get the KitKat stock firmware for virgin mobile s3 to flash in Odin http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=53194487#post53194487
    Youre lucky, usually flashing firmware as old as the one you flashed will hard brick a device, if it was fully updated to KitKat before.
    By the way you could have rooted this phone with an app called towelroot.

Pankakejoe likes this.
  3. Pankakejoe

Pankakejoe Lurker

Thank you man. I finally got my phone up and running. You're a life saver lol You know whats messed up though? I already saw that link through googling around. But I dismissed it because it looked like a sprint firmware again. I could have saved myself hours and torment. Oh well, it was a learning experience.

Thank you again!

4. djnmt1

djnmt1 Lurker

Hi
    I have a rooted d 2vmu after reboot
    It lost eds.omg, modemst1,modemst2 img
    Can't call VM they don't touch routed
    Phone any way to recover lost efs
    WiFi, Bluetooth works fine no
    Phone function I am running the
    Sph-l710 debloatated, rooted, 4.3.2
    Rom?
    Great ipad feature no calls;-(
    Doug

5. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Re install the whole firmware with Odin.

6. yroc434

yroc434 Lurker

how do I remove root access from my Virgin Mobile Galaxy S3???? PLEASE HELLLLLLLLP

7. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Same as last post. Reflash stock .tar with Odin.
    If on NDC, just get NDC stock tar and flash with Odin.

sean19661 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews