1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Virgin Mobile] GPS Broken on Cyanogenmod 11 M11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mtuser, Oct 11, 2014.

1. mtuser

mtuser Member

Just fyi it appears that GPS doesn't work on the latest update M11.

It does work on M10 as discussed here

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...-root/871850-no-gps-after-cm11-installed.html

I was using nightlies post M10 and at some point the GPS got broken in them so I had to go back to M10. Alas it seems it's still broken in M11 :/ unless there's just something weird about my phone.

For me the symptons are it'll lock if holding completely still, but as soon as you move it can't lock to save its life.

Madbat likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vsanch24

vsanch24 Well-Known Member

Not sure about your phone. But I went from M10 to M11 with no GPS issues. I did perform a dirty flash.

3. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

OP did you dirty flash over a nightly or do a clean install?

4. revins95

revins95 Member

I'm also having GPS issues after a dirty flash. And the updater will not allow me to download any other version of CM so I can go back and try a clean install

5. mtuser

mtuser Member

Dirty flash....

maybe I'll try a clean install

6. mtuser

mtuser Member

7. mtuser

mtuser Member

8. mtuser

mtuser Member

small update, tried clean install, same issue for me on M11.

9. LordDenton

LordDenton Lurker

Have you tried one of the M11 nightlies? There have been five releases since the snapshot I think.

10. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Is GPS Confirmed working with an m11 dirty flash over m10?

11. nathan75

nathan75 Newbie

Good to hear,are you using the lastest snapshot or nightly?

12. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

I was asking. I saw a previous poster say it. The one I quoted.

13. nathan75

nathan75 Newbie

Sorry misread,M10 snapshoot has working gps for me.M11 gps is not working
    snapshoot or nightly, clean or dirty.

Madbat likes this.
  14. vsanch24

vsanch24 Well-Known Member

My phone is still functional with GPS. I dirty flashed M11 on top M10. I used it today.

The only other mod I have is Xposed running two modules NFC LockScreenOff and XBlast Tools for the changing of carrier text.

15. mtuser

mtuser Member

no but it's been broken in nightlies for me since back in Sept I've tried many. I'll give it another month and maybe try again.

I'm fine with M10 just hoping this gets fixed at some point before it gets too far along.

My impression is we're considered a bastard child in effect and not really supported in official CM for d2lte, or I'd try to submit a bug report.

16. hatredg0d

From my understanding GPS broke right around when the Boost/Credo/FreedomPop/Ting/Virgin apn's were added to cm.

mtuser and nathan75 like this.
  17. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

I just saw someone said when they flashed m11, GPS worked but of course no data. Then when flashing the APN fix, got data but that's when GPS stopped. Not sure if its true but it sounded interesting.

mtuser likes this.
  18. hatredg0d

I have also read this over in the apn fix thread. From my experience of being lost with broken gps, I could get a signal but would loose it instantly when I started driving. I would do a back up and play around but I don't feel like leaving the house to test it.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews