• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] GPS on CM and aosp based roms fix

pwd847

May 1, 2012
Chicsgo, IL
Hello all. I have seen many people having problems on this forum (and many others) with their GPS on several custom ROMs. Well here is how you fix it:

I finally found the thing mentioned above relating to changing a GPS value from 1 or 2 to 3. It fixed the issue. GPS WORKS!!! It is not actually a value you can change it is a compass looking thingy with a line for the radius and in the middle is a number. You need to move the phone around in a figure 8 motion to change the value to 3. Here is what I did:

1) Make a nandroid backup
2) Flash a TouchWiz ROM
3) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56760440
4) Restore nandroid

Just to be clear I am running 12/31/14 Pac-Rom and I went outside with location set to device only (GPS sensor only) and walked down the street till I was well out of my wifi range and came back and the blue dot in Google maps tracked me the whole way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones